FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need help with HowTO: Configure ISboxer like a pro

Moderator: MiRai

<<

spanishguy

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:37 am

Need help with HowTO: Configure ISboxer like a pro

Well im in the trial version of this program, but i love it! I will definitely be getting it when the trial expires in 2 days. I tried setting up ISBOXER by going to http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Configure ... like_a_pro. So far everything has worked, except for a few things.

Please NOTE: This is regarding to the game World of Warcraft.

#1) The key that I use for AoE Fear is =. I use AoE fear in 2 of my toons. The other toon, instead of having AoE Fear, its AoE stun. The AoE Fear is just a cast AoE spell. The one AoE stun spell is Ground-targeted Area Effects, which means I have to select an area on the ground where I want to lay my stun. How can I play it, so that it does Round Robin, so that it casts the sequence, Aoe Fear > Aoe Stun > Aoe Fear, in that order? Right now its just spamming the AoE Fear + Stun on all windows at the same time, even though I have round robin box selected =s.

#2) Issue number 2 my normal Fear Spell. My normal Fear spell is on key - for all 3 toons. I want to use this spell as round robin, so that 1 toon uses it first, then the second, then the 3rd. The problem is, all toons use it at the same time. Round robin is checked off for this spell in the configuration as well, so Idk whats up :(

For now these are my 2 issues that I would like to fix. If I could get some help that would be greatly appreciated. I have tried my best, spent about 7 hours trying to set all this up several times, but cannot figure out these 2 issues atm. My settings are attached, so please let me know :) (I am a total noob, so please try to be as user friendly as u possibly can <3)
Attachments
MySettings.xml
(165.59 KiB) Downloaded 661 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Need help with HowTO: Configure ISboxer like a pro

What is up: Your Hotkeys are double-bound.

The default FTL DPS Keys are active, in addition to the Combat Hotkeys. FTL DPS Keys auto-assist and broadcast when you press any of 1 through =, in addition to what your Combat Hotkeys are configured to do.

The easiest way to solve this problem will be to Black List the FTL DPS Keys for your Character Set:
1. In the top left pane under Character Sets, select yours
2. Click the "Key Map White/Black lists" tab
3. Click "Black list - allow Key Maps if they are NOT selected below"
4. Highlight "FTL DPS Keys" (and only FTL DPS Keys) in the list

Export to Inner Space to activate the changes.
<<

spanishguy

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 am

Hey, thanks for the reply. I tried doing this but what happened then was that whenever i casted a spell on my main account, it would not transfer over to my 2 other boxers?

I think I fixed it (if not i will re-edit this post). The final problem was the step "Virtualize the Virtual Combat Key Map". In the guide, i read that you have to go under characters and do it for each character. The fix for me was, I went under CHARACTER SETS this time, and I Virtualized the Virtual Combat Key Map here instead of doing it for each character. I did it for each character as well, but the fix was when I did it for the CHARACTER SETS (All characters). Is the guide missing this step?

EDIT: Nvm did not fix it ;(
EDIT: Ok i just created the setup in my FTL keys instead. But when i blocked FTL keys, the setup that I had made did not transfer over to my other characters. So does this mean that I did it wrong?
<<

spanishguy

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 am

Also, another thing that I would like to fix is my round robin key =. Its working accordingly, but my last character has a stun on key =, instead of a fear. The stun needs to be placed on the ground (it is a ground targeted area effect). So when I go ahead and spam on my first character =, it does aoe fear, i spam on my 2nd =, does aoe fear, i spam on my 3rd and it requires me to select the area where i want to put the stun in, but since my first character (the one i am controlling) does not have this key as targeted area effect, I really cannot select and place the stun where I want it. How can i fix this?

Also sometimes my characters are a bit slow on following and they follow far behind. Is there any way i can keep my characters at a closer range?

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration