FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Yep. I broke it.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sildenafil

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:54 am

Yep. I broke it.

Hey again.

So, I tried converting to CLS/Pro using Muhamad Ali's basic out-of-the-box downloadable config file. I followed the instructions to the best of my ability, and set up a small test group using a couple DKs I want to level up to meet my other DKs prior to boosting for my new Pally/DK group. I'm getting an interresting problem:

I have the characters set w/ variable keys to their respective DK level map, and have those keymaps, including variable keys and combat hotkeys, enabled for that team, but when I hit a hotkey in game, instead of an ability firing off, random blizzard UI windows start toggling, such as talents, pvp window, etc. It's strange but it's like instead of mapping those key combinations to an in-game macro, isboxer is just sending UI toggle keybinds to my windows. IsBoxer addon is enabled for each of my toons, and I tried /consolereloadui and re-exporting isboxer to innerspace to try to reset the macro but it didn't fix the issue. I had this issue on my main team too when I tried converting to them, but I had imported a few key-maps from my old config into that batch, so thought that may be related, but this is a new team with no tweaking to the downloaded CLS config file other than setting up the team/characters.

http://www.privatepaste.com/a24b5371d1 Here's a paste of my config. It seems to be huge and took a long time to upload.

Thanks,
Joel
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Yep. I broke it.

Okay, the main problem with DKStarter2Toons is that neither of the two have the class-specific WoW Macros assigned, under the WoW Game Helper. Make sure they get the right class macros assigned, then Export to Inner Space, then /console reloadui if the game is up. :) Your DK PALLY and MONK TEAM does appear to have them assigned correctly.

Here's some other notes I have regarding your config:
  • For your Key Maps, you have several level-class combinations assigned, e.g. 55-60 Frost DK, 61-70 Frost DK. This is fine, it won't hurt. But to be clear: You will only need the Key Map(s) assigned that are (or will be) set up for that Character with the Virtual Key Maps. If he's level 90 for example, you will never again need any of the level 1 through 87 ones, and if he's level 1 you won't need the level 90 ones for a long time. You can keep your configuration a little leaner by assigning fewer of these to your guys. :)
  • This next one is a common thing so far with CLS. The "Activate Maps" toggle (Shift+Alt+M) you have successfully added Combat Hotkeys to (good!) but it's still also toggling FTL DPS Keys, which happen to reuse the same Hotkeys as Combat Hotkeys (1 through = or so). So if you were to hit Shift+Alt+M twice, now you will have both FTL DPS Keys, AND Combat Hotkeys enabled, and then if you press 3 intending to round-robin Interrupt, it will do that but also send the 3 key to every window because of the FTL DPS Keys. You can use a black list of Key Maps in your Character Set to prevent this from happening; just go to your Character Set, click the Key Map White/Black lists tab, click the Black list button and highlight FTL DPS Keys. Also remove FTL DPS Keys from your other Character Set while you're at it. :)
<<

Sildenafil

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks for your help. I have made the changes you suggested with the following results:

1. Assigning the macro sets to the characters did in fact stop random UI elements from opening when I hit my spam dps key. However, now nothing happens. I know the macros did get created and stored in the addon, because if I manually hit the Isboxer-assigned key combo (i.e. Ctrl Shift Alt H) in an active toon, with keymaps disabled, it does in fact execute that macro (i.e. frost strike). However if I spam my DPS rotation hotkey (1), it just autoattacks the target while the slave IWTs the target and autoattacks.

2. This is a copy of the config I am using. To create it, I used my standard config, so i wouldn't lose all my G key and custom movement key combinations, and Copy/Pasted the Virtual combat, combat hot key keymaps from the standard CLS downloadable config, as well as the Deathknight macro sets from that config. I set a whitelist of available keymaps for this team to include combat hot keys, virtual combat, general, control, mouse naga, DK G110 keys. I suspect I may have created an issue by copy/pasting the keymaps from the CLS config to my own, but I'm not seeing where it broke. http://privatepaste.com/953e00c469

Thanks,
Joel
<<

Sildenafil

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 pm

I think there must be come problem with copying the keymaps from the CLS config and importing them into my standard one, because I tried using the standard CLS config, and importing my custom keymaps into it instead,and it seems to be working. It's hard to tell if it's working perfectly yet, since these are very new DKs and don't have all their abilities for their respective level specific keymap yet. I can't figure out what got gorked while trying to import the keymaps and macros from one CLS config to my config.
<<

muhamad ali

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Sildenafil wrote:I think there must be come problem with copying the keymaps from the CLS config and importing them into my standard one, because I tried using the standard CLS config, and importing my custom keymaps into it instead,and it seems to be working. It's hard to tell if it's working perfectly yet, since these are very new DKs and don't have all their abilities for their respective level specific keymap yet. I can't figure out what got gorked while trying to import the keymaps and macros from one CLS config to my config.

I would highly suggest working with this CLS fresh, not copy/pasting from it to your existing to help confuse you more :)

Once you setup your first team, second team, and etc... the character's are saved there under CLS, you'll never have to go back and add them again. Just drag and drop everyone wherever you want them is the idea of this config file.

I been working on a solution now for all in one macros, by gradually building a bank full of macros as I slowly level teams up and playing with every class specifically to ensure I have all of their rotations, spells and etc figured out before I make this bank of macros.

I'm slowly adding in support using the healer way of things per another post on the forums by Alge. Between work and the Christmas Holiday's I've been pretty busy on getting any updates to this, however the out of the box is mainly for the ones that are just starting to break into the Pro Config using the Virtual Combat system that ISBoxer has in place, thanks to Lax on this system, it makes life so much easier.
<<

Sildenafil

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 am

Yep, thanks for your reply. I'm using the standard CLS you created and it's working well. Have been tweaking to suit as I go on. I was trying to import into my standard because I had that one all customized up to suit my fingers' muscle memory, but I'll just re-do things this way with my main group as well. Many kudos for your hard work.

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration