FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Regarding "Pro" macros and on-screen actionbars...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sildenafil

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Regarding "Pro" macros and on-screen actionbars...

If IsBoxer uses custom macros associated with its in-game addon, does that mean I don't need to assign those macros to action bars and assign the hotkeys in game? Like if IsB is using "Ctrl Shift Alt + (Q-P)" in its pro config, I don't need to go assign "Ctrl Shift Alt + (Q-P) to my bartender action bars? Everything would be working behind the scenes?

Likewise, if I have a bunch of in-game macros I've been using with my self-developed "IsBoxer Like A Cretin" setup, would I run into issues changing over to pro, assuming I don't already have "Ctrl Shift Alt + (Q-P)" assigned to any of my macros? I could just delete mine and profit?
<<

Rhand

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Regarding "Pro" macros and on-screen actionbars...

Correct you do not need corresponding buttons or macro's mapped in game. For example I use 5 as my DPS spam key, pressing 5 executes a number of addon level macro's all housed within ISBoxer but those macros are not executed in game by me directly. The key bindings exist and I often use the actual binding to test a macro in game, Ctrl + Alt + F2 for example to ensure that it does what I expect it to do but in acutal use it's called by ISBoxer when I hit my 5 key. Hope that makes sense?

Yes you should be able to move your in game macro's into ISBoxer however by doing so you lose the ability to edit them on the fly in game, so you may not want to move ALL fo them :)
<<

Sildenafil

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Thank you for the reply. I'm actually not looking to move my in-game macros, per say, but was just wondering what to do with them when I make the switch. Not having a bunch of addons w/ macros in them sounds nice, from an aesthetics perspective.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:38 pm

I've had some situations where it's beneficial to have the macros stored within IS Boxer.
Especially when I want an effect like a round-robin, triggered by a mouse button combination while within a repeater region.
The addon seamlessly sends the correct keybind to the game (something obscure, I would never accidentally press), and the correct character does whatever.

For the most part, my macros are stored in the game.
That's mainly because I haven't gone to the effort of moving them.
There is a time investment in doing that.
Long term, having a macro within the Toolkit, which can be assigned to anyone with a few clicks... or a macro, which can be edited for every DK on my team all at once, by changing it in one place... that is a time saver too; I see the benefits.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

muhamad ali

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Sildenafil wrote:Thank you for the reply. I'm actually not looking to move my in-game macros, per say, but was just wondering what to do with them when I make the switch. Not having a bunch of addons w/ macros in them sounds nice, from an aesthetics perspective.

I for one, rather all of my macros in-game moved to ISboxer's Toolkit Game Helpers, where all it takes for me is to modify any macro within the Game Helper, and hitting (In WoW)
Code:
/console reloadui
to ensure that it's in effect immediately and having all of my macros in a central location (out of game) vs. only in-game (which is limited if WoW is down, or you can't login to update your macros if you found one that works for you later on)

Then to note, I can have access to all of my macros that I use anytime, back them up with the configuration file and etc... :)

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration