FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strafing with 'Like a Pro' setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rhand

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Strafing with 'Like a Pro' setup

I've been slowly moving over to the 'like a pro' setup but I've found one very annoying issue, when using priority or 2-step setups I never had a problem strafing while I was hitting my spam key. With the current setup as soon as I try to do both my character breaks strafe and I have to release and re-press my strafe key to get them moving again ... I can't do both at the same time any longer. Is this something that I've messed up or is this consistent with this type of setup? I can forward/back np ... pivot np .. it's just strafing either direction that blows it up.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Strafing with 'Like a Pro' setup

<<

Rhand

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 am

Alge I hear ya but seriously you'd spend more time trying to parse my config ... I am in a serious 'need to clean up' phase of my ISBoxer config. I think I may have it figured out though, I was key mapping ISBoxer macros to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+W / R which are my strafe keys, I think it was somehow conflicting in a way that forward/back and turn were not.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am

You use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+W to strafe? Or just W? If the former then that could be the cause.
<<

Rhand

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:12 am

Just W to strafe, I have my movement keys offset one column to the right in a typing position rather than a gaming position, if that makes sense. Even though strafe left was W and an ISBoxer mapped macro was C+A+S+W it appeared to be interupting the input from hold down the W key to strafe. Maybe it's more of a 'mechanical' input issue in the way ISBoxer feeds keystrokes to the game client and the combination of the two is being interpreted as a release and re-press of the W key even though the re-press was with modifiers. Maybe it's my keyboard (Logitech G110) who knows but re-mapping the key bind for the macros worked it seems.

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration