Moderator: MiRai

<<

muhamad ali

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:54 am

Re: "CLS Config the Pro Way" for EVERYONE : UPDATED 11/13/2012

Posted an update to the config file, see the second post on what was fixed:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2850#p12246

Edit Note:

v1.0.2b which was just released with notes in the above link as well.
<<

Nexor

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Re: "CLS Config the Pro Way" for EVERYONE : RELEASED 11/06/2012

muhamad ali wrote:
And yes you might need to adjust some of the macros yourself, cause i honestly don't think as a example "Crackling Jade Lightning" belongs into the Brewmaster rotation.

It's there for a reason, some have a preference to use this in their rotation some may not, so the simple answer is to remove it if they don't need it there :) Or they can add it back later if they wanted it there. This isn't built with a RAID ready mind, this config was built for the ones needing to get up and running with ISBoxer and just plugin their team and go from there.

However I do need to put more time into building a DB full of All in One Macros, where everyone can help out contributing to via level bracket and etc as they level a team/teams up.

I fully agree that one might want it in there rotation however the reason i used Crackling Jade Lightning as a example wasn't cause of performance but more due how it works (its a channeling ability).
Maybe if i give you a example of what happened when i was using the config and played around a bit with it will help to understand.
I loaded a 60+ Brewmaster and a Destro Warlock in and decided to see how everything works out on Test dummies.
While more or less spamming 1 i seen that the Brewmaster was 50% of the time just attempting to cast Crackling Jade Lightning which i honestly didn't recognized the first few times cause the char more or less happened to attempt to cast the ability however was instantly (due spamming the 1 key) interrupted by other abilities.

So in case someone would want to keep this specific ability in the rotation he/she would need to add a [channeling] in the macro for this ability.

But since you and nobody can expect it from you and mostly don't really want or need to adjust all abilities, my suggestion is either remove channeling abilities from the rotation's (also dot's and debuffs that don't have a CD) or maybe write warning that people might need to pay close attention to those kinda abilities and try to find a better solution for them self when they want to keep em in there rotation.

In regards of Help with macro's i woudn't mind to Help but the question is where and in what format ?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:18 pm

If you character might be using a channeling ability, and that is a core/useful portion of their setup...

Modify each of the other macros for:
/cast (or /castsequence) [nochanneling] Whatever

That way, if you are channeling, the macro does not proceed.

When I had a Boomkin team, that might be channeling Hurricane...
I added /cast [nochanneling] to each of their macros.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Nexor

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Ualaa wrote:If you character might be using a channeling ability, and that is a core/useful portion of their setup...

Modify each of the other macros for:
/cast (or /castsequence) [nochanneling] Whatever

That way, if you are channeling, the macro does not proceed.

When I had a Boomkin team, that might be channeling Hurricane...
I added /cast [nochanneling] to each of their macros.

Yes Ualaa i know i personaly don't have the issue to modify macros or tweak around here and there but i am sure not everyone will do that cause either they have not much experience with isboxer or macro's in general.
In other words i just try to help out so we don't see to many "I use the setup and my char just spasm around" threads , but rather see "Hey i got it running fine, and OMG when i press a key every char does something without a issue".
<<

Swishee

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 am

The brewmaster 31-40 only seems to want to use fortifying brew
<<

Nexor

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 am

Swishee wrote:The brewmaster 31-40 only seems to want to use fortifying brew

Downloaded and checked the latest version seems like you use "Panic".
<<

muhamad ali

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Just so you know...

I have created majority of this by reading online the spells and abilities for all of these Damage classes mainly prior to MoP release, I have been leveling teams non-stop in my free time, which have been fun with this profile, making minor changes by taking spells out and etc... This is up to you to modify each one to your liking. If anything provide feedback on the certain spell(s) that need to be removed, replaced, modified and etc... Please don't give a five word sentence, it'll help out others if you give the exact Key Map and etc in your posting if posting a bit of feedback.

Also, contribution to this project is highly advised with all in one macros for whatever level bracket you can provide, which I'll be happy to implement into this project which will grow in greater mass before long.

All the best!
<<

fireymerlin

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:45 pm

I added actions to enable/disable the "Combat Hotkeys" when I press the Activate Maps button. This makes it much easier to enter my logon password.
<<

muhamad ali

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Level 90 Windwalker Monk Macro

Found this macro to be sufficient for a Level 90 Windwalker Monk DPS All in One:

Code:
/castsequence Jab,Rising Sun Kick,Jab,Blackout Kick,Jab,Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm,Jab,Tiger Palm,Jab,Blackout Kick,Jab,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Jab,Rising Sun Kick,Jab,Blackout Kick,Jab,Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm,Jab,Tiger Palm,Jab,Blackout Kick,Jab,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Tigereye Brew
/startattack
/cast Energizing Brew

Which you could add in the trinkets as well if you have them to this.
<<

TRoN

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm

First, thanks to everyone for the effort been giving to this project.
I kike 'IsBoxing' even more then play so I'm always trying new approaches and setting stuff to achieve the results I'm after.
So I'm rebuilding everything based on this concept. My teams are not so efficient now (I had very optimized rotations) but I won on some other aspects that is uniformization and that's priceless.

I did the learning stuff, merged some of my own settings, control is on the way to good but there's a problem worrying up - chnneling!
I don't ming my casters to have free will and cast whatever they cast at any situation because the spells in each category do the job done.
But I reaaly don't like my locks (or any others) to begin a Drain Life 3 times a second or my mages initiating Blizzard everytime I roll my weelmouse down.

I know I can go to EVERY macro of EVERY class and put a /stopmacro [channeling] at the begginig but it makes me omg...

So my question is: Is there a way to solve this on a more global way like on the Combat Hotkeys or even at the XX-XX Class Set? Is there any way to set a conditional like 'if toon is channeling then stop actions and do nothing', or do I have to edit every single macro?

Thanks!
PreviousNext

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration