FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW Macro Set question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Coltimar

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:37 am

WoW Macro Set question

I have returned to boxing after a 2 year break. I am learning the CLS Pro system. One things that I have noticed is that all of the guides I'm going through have the WoW Macro Set for every class at various level brackets already installed. None of them go into whether they built or downloaded these macro sets. Am I doing something wrong with my setup wizard preventing these from being built by the ISBoxer Wizard, or did these macros circulate ages ago and I just missed them? I only have the MoP expansions, so far, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Colt
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:24 am

Re: WoW Macro Set question

It's just called the Pro Style or Pro Config or Pro System depending on who you ask. "CLS" is a specific config someone distributed a couple years ago, before the Quick Setup Wizard could generate a Pro config, and yes it had a bunch of WoW Macro Sets that you would have to update in order to use. I do not recommend using CLS. I let my wife use it for her teams back then and it was relatively difficult to get that configured the way we wanted -- including that the expansion that came out at the time changed the names of, and removed, a bunch of abilities. For her most recent teams I've used the wizard's Pro style and filled in the details with Keystroke Actions to use her Action Bar buttons -- hardly any WoW Macros necessary. This is also how I set up my teams. DPS Rotations are the most complicated thing you have to set up, that might take a macro or two depending on how you set yours up.

Here is the guide and video you should follow, in my opinion. I wrote it and did the video.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Style:MMO_-_Pro
<<

Coltimar

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:12 pm

Ok, great. Just to be sure.... Instead of cast sequence macros I am setting virtual keys so that when I spam Key 2 My Prot Pally will spam the spells I have on 2, 3 and 4 (for example), my warlock spams 2 and 3, my priest spams nothing, etc. Is that correct? If so, I will still need a 2 step macro for each of my dps classes, unless I'm missing something else. I have 0 experience building macros in ISBoxer, FYI.

Colt
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:54 pm

You can set up a cast sequence wow macro if that works for your rotation. I use a couple cast sequences for my dps rotations, plus a bunch of keystroke actions, and multiple Steps in the DPS Rotation. You can use however many Steps each class needs..

For an example and some added info on that .. http://isboxer.com/wiki/PRO:Universal_Hotkey_implementation#DPS_Rotation (linked from the Pro style I linked earlier)

Return to World of Warcraft