FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Noob in need of help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Reisuj

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Noob in need of help

I just recently signed up to give the trial for Isboxer a go for running an RaF account. I stepped through the setup wizard and did everything there exactly as stated and also made sure that the isboxer addon was enabled on both accounts but it still isn't sending anything as far as hotkeys go. I'm only trying to use the default 1 - = keys for attacks and it isn't working as of yet. Also I'm not seeing the clickable buttons to enable and disable Keymaps and Broadcasting.

Here's a link to my profile:

http://www.privatepaste.com/0368921d71

I've been doing and redoing the wizard trying to find what I'm missing. I'm sure I'm missing something simple since this is my first time trying to do any real multiboxing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reisuj
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Re: Noob in need of help

are you launching the games via the proscribed methods in http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Sta ... _2:_Log_in ??

After you have Exported to Inner Space, your Character Set should now be available for launching. To launch your team, use one of the following 3 methods:
1. Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and, in the ISBoxer Character Sets sub-menu, select your Character Set
2. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Launch
3. To create a shortcut on your desktop to launch your team: In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Create desktop Launch shortcut

<<

Reisuj

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Nothing starts up from there when I try to launch that way. I'm assuming it is supposed to launch an instance of WoW for each team member. But it's thinking for a second then nothing.
<<

bob

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:20 pm

You are correct, it is supposed to load an instance of WOW for each character. If you can't use one of those 3 methods, then it won't work, which is why you don't have the overlay and the broadcast functions are not working.

If you go to one of your characters, and check the Game Profile drop down box, is there an option to select "World of Warcraft DirectX 9" If so, select that for each of your characters. Export to Innerspace and try again.
If not then get a http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

Reisuj

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Still not launching anything. Did the diagnostics and didn't see much there but a list of running processes but the link is below

http://privatepaste.com/a57ef3d748

I'm considering uninstalling then reinstalling fresh to see if I inadvertently messed something up.
<<

bob

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Yes, that is the point of the diagnostic, to see what is running, and what is hooking the game process, although I see that WOW ended up launching the WOW-64 binary so we don't get any info from that.

However, the next step is to start shutting down things to find out what is clashing.

Things I'd try first are:
ATK Hotkey
Stardock (all parts)
ActivateDesktop
ASUS processes
Splashtop
UI monitor

Also check to make sure that WOW is not trying to start in 3D (i.e. the NVidia 3d vision)

Uninstalling and reinstalling innerspace/isboxer won't change anything. The only component on that front that would potentially need that would be the DirectX9 updates that it installs as part of the bundle installer.

p.s. I can't see any Antivirus/Antimalware either, so if you have any then let us know which brand.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:01 am

bob wrote:p.s. I can't see any Antivirus/Antimalware either, so if you have any then let us know which brand.

It looks to be Trend Micro:

Code:
96. uiSeAgnt - Process ID: 11800
97. uiWatchDog - Process ID: 1468

I didn't know what these were either until I threw them into Google.

Return to World of Warcraft