FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Brand new ISBoxer user - major lag troubleshooting [SOLVED]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

xk00zx

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Brand new ISBoxer user - major lag troubleshooting [SOLVED]

So I was using Autohotkey and it was functioning beautifully, no lag, decided to try out ISBoxer, and am experiencing epic lag whenever i have one of my WOW windows selected, and only when it is focused.

I have 2 monitors hooked into the same NVidia GTX 470, an Intel i7 950 @3.07ghz, 6gb of ram running two different resolutions, windows 7.

I am attempting to dual box with two monitors, no switching or anything fancy, (i would be ok with deadspace around the window on the monitor with a higher resolution) but whenever WOW is launched via Innerspace, I wil get about 20-30FPS with it running in the background, then down to 3fps (indicated up at the top left) or less whenever i have the window selected - I cannot even log into my accounts, as whatever I type does not display until i deselect the window. TBH, the game looks quite nice when I have a browser open on my second monitor as the jittery wow client turns smooth - highly frustrating.

I turned to ISBoxer as it was recommended by a friend, and I would like the ease of switching between windows just by mouseover, but I am already quite frustrated with the setup.

Running them manually and multiboxing via a program like autohotkey I have no lag (other than the scripting lag, no visual lag) for two instances of WoW.

I have tried running the setup wizards multiple times in the ISBoxer suite, (I started following the guide at: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start_Guide) then dumping all my settings into InnerSpace, and have run through as much as I could figure out of the guide at http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate.

I am sure its just some simple setting that I must have not/un done, and I have not touched my in-game settings (as far as I know, unless some settings inside ISBoxer Suite/Inner Space can change them) but I don't see why I should have to modify my in-game graphics settings when it worked just fine for multiple windows prior to me using ISBoxer.

suggestions?

SOLUTION: Close all background applications - even if you do not believe it has an overlay. Raptr was the culprit in my case.
Last edited by xk00zx on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Re: Brand new ISBoxer user - major lag troubleshooting

First for most posts where you discuss your config, you should share your config. In ISBoxer go to File, Copy ISBoxer Toolkit Profile to Clipboard, then go to privatepaste.com, paste it there, and post the link to it here.

It sounds like you may have set the foreground FPS rather low. You can determine this by going to the Character Set, selecting slot 1, and then looking at the Performance tab. It will give you settings for Foreground and Background FPS. Check all slots.

If not, then perhaps a different CPU strategy.
Run the CPU Strategy Wizard, select the All Games use All Cores option (the one at the bottom of the drop down). This will let Windows manage the CPU and allocate accordingly, like you were running previously. Note you can also set the Foreground and Background FPS settings in here too, and this will update your character set.

edit: Along with your config, a second link to a crash/freeze diagnostics (yes I know it is not crashing) may be useful too. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

xk00zx

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:19 pm

cfg
http://www.privatepaste.com/708dfbcab9

crash
http://www.privatepaste.com/44df4ddeca

foreground is limited to 60 (tried not putting any limit) and i have set background to 20 and 30 at various times.

Setting it to the 4th option for core management brings me down to less than 1fps indicated, but i get a few more updates when i type without having to switch windows... still completely unbearable.

Also, game still runs perfect without ISBoxer for the crash diagnostics link, so I don't think i changed anything inside the wow client.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Try going to the Characters node, selecting your characters one by one, and setting the Game Profile to "World of Warcraft DirectX 9". Yes, you will need to relaunch your character set.

Also, make sure the Innerspace Console is not displaying.

And you may want to try shutting down Rainmeter to see if that makes a difference.

And finally maybe check the Nvidia control panel to make sure it's not forcing vsync, or doing something unexpected with WOW (it should all be game controlled).
<<

xk00zx

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:53 pm

DX9 - done, no change.
Console - Not sure what that is, the only thing new I can see on the clients are a row of boxes, the framerate display, and two sets of 3 letters with some arrows.
Rainmeter - no change with it on or off
Nvidia - set to "use the 3d application setting"
<<

xk00zx

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:33 pm

After much discussion on the chatroom - it was discovered that another process was killing ISBoxer (but not affecting autohotkey)-

I closed quite a bit down and it started working - specifically: spotify, raptr, chrome, the nvidia control panel, skype, and the curse client/curse voice. If I find out which one was the culprit I will update, but relaunching those programs doesn't appear to affect the game after getting it up (this is posted on the same PC while multiboxing in the background with no lag)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Brand new ISBoxer user - major lag troubleshooting [SOLVED]

The answer is (most likely) going to be Raptr.
<<

xk00zx

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: Brand new ISBoxer user - major lag troubleshooting [SOLVED]

MiRai wrote:The answer is (most likely) going to be Raptr.

This^^

After restarting the PC, and attempting to launch it with the same symptoms, much trial-and-error, it does seem to be 100% fine with everything _BUT_ Raptr. Go figure.

So yeah - Raptr= bad juju for isboxer.

AFAIK, it didn't/doesn't have an overlay, however - it should be blacklisted all the same.

Return to World of Warcraft