Code:
!if (character is in "Paladin") /cast Rebuke
!if (character is in "Shaman") /cast Wind Shear
!if (character is in "Mage") /cast Counterspell
!if (character is in "Priest") /cast Silence
!if (character is in "Hunter") /cast Counter Shot
!if (character is in "Rogue") /cast Kick

Still viable in Isboxer ?
If i check the preview it seems to look ok but having some issues so trying to figure out where my problem is.
<<

JackBurton

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 am

Re: Macro problem

unless you assign characters to the key map where the rubber hits the road the function wont execute even though the preview looked fine at the wow macro stage.
<<

Nexor

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:30 am

JackBurton wrote:unless you assign characters to the key map where the rubber hits the road the function wont execute even though the preview looked fine at the wow macro stage.

As in if i assign it to the right key map etc it should work , or as in regardless what i will do it doesn't work ?

Cause my problem is just simple :
Is the issue i have the structure of the macro working or did i made a mistake or forgot something elsewhere.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:02 am

The structure of the macro looks correct.

Based on what you've written so far I am completely unclear on what problems you are experiencing though.

I believe JackBurton is referring to 1 or more of the following:
1. You need to have characters assigned to the ATG in question.
2. You need to have a mapped key to fire the macro.
3. You need to have the mapped key in a key map group that is assigned to the characters or character set.
4. You need to have the WOW Macro Set assigned to the character set.
<<

Nexor

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 am

bob wrote:The structure of the macro looks correct.

Thanks that's all what i wanted to know.
I never heard the term "where the rubber hits the road" before so that kinda throw me off (even though i live in the US for almost 10 years).

The points you listed i am aware of and that was the reason i asked about the macro first cause if i messed up with the macro the rest don't matter.

So in other words i will be able to use the macro structure for this and other macros, that i didn't set up yet.

So thanks again you both.
<<

Nexor

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:07 am

Ok in the end my problem was that i had ctrl+shift+alt+-(num) assigned after i changed it the macro worked fine.

Anyway another question in regards of macros:

Following situation and honestly i didn't try it out yet.

Would i be able to assign the same key combination to different macro's if those would go to different windows ? (And ignore the error message from ISboxer ?)

As in
Key Combo ctrl+shift+alt+a to Paladin
/cast Rebuke

Key Combo ctrl+shift+alt+a to Shaman
/cast flame shock

Key Combo ctrl+shift+alt+a to Mage
/cast frostbolt

Or would in this case only the dynamic macro work out ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:18 am

Would i be able to assign the same key combination to different macro's if those would go to different windows ? (And ignore the error message from ISboxer ?)

This is what different WoW Macro Sets are for, in the WoW Macro Library (select Game Helpers, World of Warcraft in the top left pane).

You cannot ignore an error message from assigning a different macro with the same key combination to the same character. You can't make two different Ctrl+shift+alt+A macros assigned to the same character. However, you can make a WoW Macro Set called Paladins, assign it to every Paladin (only), and put a macro on Ctrl+Shift+Alt+A in it, and also make a WoW Macro Set called Shamans, assign it to every Shaman (only), and put a macro on Ctrl+Shift+alt+A on it -- and because they are not assigned to the same character, there is no error message from ISBoxer.

I do not recommend dynamic macros using !if (xxx is hunter) sort of thing, for anyone, since the WoW Macro Library was created a couple years back. It is much easier to manage them this way.

p.s. you might find this helpful http://isboxer.com/wiki/Style:MMO_-_Pro
<<

Nexor

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks Lax that is what i was hoping for.

Just need to find the class/spec now that has the most abilities , assign key combo's to all abilities and use this as a template.

Return to World of Warcraft