FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW 5.4.1 new team will not launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bigbadbill

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:44 pm

WoW 5.4.1 new team will not launch

I have two WoW accounts and several IsBoxer teams, all of which are working correctly. My PC is a custom build with a 64 bit I7 CPU, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 580 video card running under Windows 7.

I tried to create a new team today, but the game either doesn't launch at all or crashes with an INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO error at 0023:103B4FB4. I've been through the forums and fully installed .NET 3.5 (it was only partially installed), but the problem remains.

I've experimented with various alternatives using the Quick Setup Wizard, but even just taking all the defaults doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any thoughts?

Regards, Bill
<<

Bigbadbill

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: WoW 5.4.1 new team will not launch

I've experimented a bit and i can create a new team using existing ISBoxer characters without any problems.

It's only when I add a new character from WoW that I have a problem. I've tried different game profiles (Default and Directx11) and manually entering the character details but that didn't make any difference.

I've also verified the account and sub account names, so I don't know what the issue is.

Bill
<<

Bigbadbill

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 pm

I have been able to work around this by using the Quick Setup Wizard to load the characters from my WoW folders and cancelling out during the character set creation. Once the characters are stored in ISBoxer, I can create the new team without any problems.

I suspect that the problem is in the Battlenet account and subaccount configuration. The export to Inner Space is tells me that the game has the wrong account name for the character when it doesn't, and asks if it can make changes. I've been saying Yes most of the time, but sometimes I don't and it still doesn't work.

In any event, I've resolved the issue myself after spending a lot of time experimenting. I'm not happy about that, but the alternative (Pwnboxer, which I also use) doesn't work as well as ISBoxer (when it works).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:43 pm

I would assume it's something else in the config.wtf, not likely the account information.

When you first make a team with a new Character, that character's config.wtf is copied from the original config.wtf. If that config.wtf happens to have something in it that causes this crash, then so will the newly copied one. Your previously-existing Characters may have other settings. You could copy one of those over the main config.wtf and potentially resolve this issue.

For example, your crash could be related to Direct3D 11 vs Direct3D 9. It's also possible that the development build of Inner Space corrects the issue (right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up)

These are just guesses though, "Diagnostics for game crashes" from the Help menu in ISBoxer might provide more useful information -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

Return to World of Warcraft