FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW crashes when loading a team

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jaumeat

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:28 pm

WoW crashes when loading a team

I get a not enough memory crash when I try to load a team or the first member of any team. I can load the other members of the team manually without any problems tho-

Yesterday was everything fine, and did not change anything of my system or teams.

Anyone else got the same problem or any idea of what it might be?

Thanks.

Edit: I have tried to reinstall the whole isboxer suite and nvidia drivers without any result.
<<

Hoot

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Re: WoW crashes when loading a team

AS I mentioned in the chat room, You should post a paste bin (http://privatepaste.com/) of your config. In the paste, this has been very effective in helping the pros figure out whats wrong with my set up or issues I have encountered.
<<

jaumeat

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Hoot wrote:AS I mentioned in the chat room, You should post a paste bin (http://privatepaste.com/) of your config. In the paste, this has been very effective in helping the pros figure out whats wrong with my set up or issues I have encountered.

I tried, but I get this error on the website: 413 Request Entity Too Large, tried also pastebin and seems that there is a 500k limit, my file is 1.5 MB.

Edit: I have attached to the post instead :)
Attachments
pastebin.txt
isboxer xml config
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 429 times
<<

jaumeat

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:50 pm

The problem still persists. No one else has this problem?

To make it work I have to duplicate my team, and put a placeholder character on the first slot, and launch slots manually from 2 to 5, to avoid the crash....
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Have you been messing with your video settings or config.wtf files? I'd suggest for you to go into your WoW/WTF directory and clear out all of the config-character.wtf virtual files in there without the games running. Then re-export from ISBoxer and try to launch your team.
<<

jaumeat

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:37 pm

MiRai wrote:Have you been messing with your video settings or config.wtf files? I'd suggest for you to go into your WoW/WTF directory and clear out all of the config-character.wtf virtual files in there without the games running. Then re-export from ISBoxer and try to launch your team.

No haven't touch them, but it is weird cause it is not a problem of one character. It is just the character that is in the first slot, no matter which. And everyone has their own wtf files.

But will try that.

Edit: Tried it, generated new files, and still the same problem :S
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:12 pm

Well, the only other thing I can think of is to look at the Event Viewer:

1 - Run Command (Win+R)
2 - Type in eventvwr
3 - Windows Logs
4 - Application and/or System
5 - Look for an error at the time that you see the message, copy the information from the details tab, and paste it here using [code] tags

The easiest way to do that is to bring up the Event Viewer and then make the error happen so that it'd be the first thing on the list (assuming it shows up).
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Along with MiRai's suggestion a diagnostic would be helpful too. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

More than anything, if it only just started happening, and it only happens on the first slot, and you have reinstalled Innerspace/ISboxer (not that you should need to), then it is more than likely some other software that has been updated/corrupted/installed, or an impending hardware failure.

If you really want to rule out ISBoxer/Innerspace first, then go File - Clear with your profile (should probably Save As first), use the Quick Start Wizard to create a new profile with a 1 team of two characters, and a basic Standard MMO config, export it, and launch. If it still crashes, then you need to be looking elsewhere (which we will be more than happy to interfere with too :))
<<

jaumeat

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:39 am

MiRai wrote:Well, the only other thing I can think of is to look at the Event Viewer:

1 - Run Command (Win+R)
2 - Type in eventvwr
3 - Windows Logs
4 - Application and/or System
5 - Look for an error at the time that you see the message, copy the information from the details tab, and paste it here using [code tags

The easiest way to do that is to bring up the Event Viewer and then make the error happen so that it'd be the first thing on the list (assuming it shows up).

There you go, it only appears the first time I run it. Several executions fail with error but the it does not register any new event.

Code:
Application popup: Windows - Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low : Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied. For more information, see Help.

I have to say that I have 16GB or Ram and of those 13GB are free. Pagefile is set to automatic, and the file is there taking 16GB of disk.

The weirdest thing is that from one day to another was working, and I did not install anything new in that day.

Thank you.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:49 am

That implies that there is something else going on which is chewing up your available RAM, or you do not have enough to support the number of clients you are running.

If you look at the Task Manager (right click your Taskbar, select Start Task Manager, Processes tab, sort by Memory (Private Working Set)), what is taking the most other than WOW. Also how much are the WOW instances taking?. You may need to select the "Show processes from all users" button.

May also be worth taking a look at the Performance tab and checking the values at the bottom, like Physical Memory -> Available, Kernel Memory -> Paged, System -> Commit (or a screen shot).

Also, that diagnostic?

Have you tried rebooting?

edit: and it may be worth unloading all WOW addons (other than ISBoxer of course) if it seems like WOW is the culprit.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft