FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX works and stops working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

balrog78

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 am

Video FX works and stops working

Hi,

I had VideoFX working, sometimes I forget to save it and then on next start I have to setup again. That was no problem at all so far. Just today (I didnt update though, running with version 40) I cannot set it up again. Please see attached image as an example. So viewer cant find source it seems....
Please note that I really got it working in several scenarios with different teams.

Thanks,
Bal
Attachments
video_fx.png
video_fx.png (21.24 KiB) Viewed 7396 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Video FX works and stops working

Just today (I didnt update though, running with version 40) I cannot set it up again. Please see attached image as an example. So viewer cant find source it seems....

Why can't you set it up again, and how is the image an example of not being able to set it up? It clearly shows that a Source and a Viewer are set up, presumably both to "healtarget" without extra spaces afterward, but the image tells me nothing else. I take it you are "Seeing green"?

* Have you tried adding views of pre-existing sources from the drop-down box?
* The Source and Viewer are not in the same window, are they? (That will not work no matter how hard you try.)
* There's also an option you can configure in ISBoxer per Character that would prevent any Sources in that window from working, "Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!)"
* Do the Video FX you set up on your other teams still work? And it's the same game?
<<

balrog78

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:14 pm

The view is in a different window than the source. As long as the isboxer interface (CRTL-SHIF-ALT-G) is up I can see the green boxes. When I close the isboxer interface nothing is shown.
With "I cannot set it up again" I meant that I can only add viewer and source but this doesnt do anything, i.e. I cannot see the source in the viewer. I will try to goon with your notes.

All teams are SWTOR. With team 1 i once used Video FX but I didnt needed it anymore. I will try to set up some Video FX with team 1 just to see whether it is character (set) related.
<<

balrog78

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 am

It started to work again after I updated IXBoxer to latest version. Now it stopped working. When I press "Save" where does the ingame ISBoxer Control Panel write the data to? It doesnt write to the xml open in ISBoxer but when I click Reload ISBoxer Settings (does it load from the xml file?) my viewers are not deleted. If I knew where the control panel saves the data to I could try inspecting the xml file.

I do not even see green. Actually what do you mean with seeing green? When the ISBoxer Control Panel is open the box is green, but when I close the panel there is just nothing (only the pixels of the game).
<<

balrog78

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:23 am

I am sorry. Aero was disabled now. For work Aero really goes on my nerves (TAB switching is annoying).

Return to Video FX