FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rift not launching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sarris

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Rift not launching

I have successfully run rift with isboxer previously, have made no major alterations to my system apart from installing a new hard drive, have removed all software installed since last used isboxer, game will launch manually with 3 instances of the game, inner space will launch the game from its menu, have got the console up and running noticed that when you manually launch the game from inner space it says its loading riftpatchlive.exe and successfully launches, however the character sets i have created even though i have set up the correct path to riftpatchlive.exe is not launching the launcher when i try to launch the character sets, it is bypassing the launcher and going directly to rift.exe and exiting immediately. Need some help here please have run the diagnostics tool can uplink it if needed.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Rift not launching

If it's trying to skip the launcher, then you have it set up to do so. Inner Space isn't going to just pick which EXE it would like to launch and use that. It sounds like already know how to edit the path, but you can double (or triple) check this through your Game Profile.

I think we need a diagnostic report, though.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

sarris

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:03 am

Re: Rift not launching

It seems you were correct, had the executable correct, but had the wrong path to it working fine now
:D

Return to RIFT