FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

p67pro3,i7 2600k, r9 290, 8GB random fps problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

HappyPanda

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:25 am

p67pro3,i7 2600k, r9 290, 8GB random fps problems

Hi,

i have a Asrock p67pro3 with a i7 2600k, AMD r9 290 and 8GB of RAM.

When i run 4 EQ1 Clients i sometimes get fps drops down to 10ish on different occasions, camping and switching to other character or zoning just to name a few.
EQ1 clients setting are least memory and everything toned down.

My last resort was to downgrade to my older nvidia EVGA GTX580 where i do not have this problem, it is running like that for weeks now.
I really do not want to resetup windows 7 just to see how it might behave on a fresh win7.

I found this article about AMD directx driver having some sort of Botleneck when it comes to FPS not really sure if this applies here.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... amechanger

I would like to be able to run a few more characters soon with more RAM but i am reaching max GPU on my EVGA very fast, any hints how to fix the r9 290 problem appreciated and thank you for reading.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:31 am

Re: p67pro3,i7 2600k, r9 290, 8GB random fps problems

That particular article goes on about Dx11 and Dx12. It doesn't mention that this issue exists on AMD cards at Dx9.

As EQ1 is fairly GPU light (it can apparently work on as little as 32MB vRAM), then in theory you should be able to avoid any issue.

For most FPS issues, we usually refer people to this page, and especially the part about identifying framerate bottlenecks (although you may need to use a different tool to monitor your GPU as the last time I used OHM it didn't recognise AMD GPU's).

But as your issue may be caused by some other software, then a diagnostic may be useful.

There are plenty of people out there multiboxing EQ1 on AMD cards. Those that have experienced FPS issues, have usually resolved them by uninstalling (or closing) some other piece of software.
<<

HappyPanda

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:28 am

Re: p67pro3,i7 2600k, r9 290, 8GB random fps problems

Alright, i look into these further when i get the time to replace grafix cards, thanks for the reply.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware