FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with Repeater

Moderator: MiRai

<<

balrog78

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:13 am

Problems with Repeater

I successfully setup Click Heals in SWTOR following:http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/46370-GUIDE-Click-Healing-System-Using-Party-Frames
But I have 2 mains, so I have 2 teams. I set it up for team 1, but for team 2 it just doesnt work. The click is not repeated. I checked all settings, I even repeated the setup according to the guide but the click is just not repeated to the other windows. It is very difficult to understand the repeater mechanics, maybe it will be easier to goon with my trial and error if you could help me with the following questions:

1. It is only possible to setup the repeater through the in-game interface? The settings are stored in the XML file but ISBoxer tool doesnt show them, isnt it?
2. Giving names to the repeater has no effect or does it have some meaning?
3. Editing / changing existing repeaters is not possible, right?
4. Target window should be 1 => main window or should it be all other (I want that click repeated to all other windows). I am asking because the setup for my first team was using target window 1

Btw. when I hit synch I see that the repeater box I just created is synched with the other windows (grey transparent boxes).

Thanks,
Bal
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:39 am

Re: Problems with Repeater

To be clear: Repeater Regions are the widgets we're talking about here; Repeater is the system that does the 1 to 1 broadcasting, including from Repeater Regions. :)

1. Correct, Repeater Regions cannot be defined through the ISBoxer Toolkit atm

2. You generally do not need to Name your Repeater Regions. Giving a Name to a Repeater Region will link it with Repeater Regions of the same Name. The specific benefit is that the "in" and "out" regions can be placed in different areas of the screen, and the mouse will be translated and scaled to the Named region. (This is how Video FX are interactive and can be moved and sized anywhere on the screen.)

3. Correct, there is not currently a Repeater Region editing interface in the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel. Just one for creating a new region. To replace an existing one, bring up the control panel, X out the old region, and Add a new one.

4. The Target is whatever window(s) you want to receive the mouse input from this region. If you put 1, it's not going to all other; it's going to window 1.

If a click is not repeated by a Repeater Region, my first question is actually did you not use the Quick Setup Wizard? Because the wizard selects options that you probably would not know to select otherwise, that might specifically affect this (Make game believe it is foreground window, in your Character Set; also make sure the Click Bar, Key Maps, and Repeater Profile are assigned).

If that doesn't help, HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

balrog78

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Out of a sudden ;-) I got it working. I dont know what I did wrong in the first place. But your answers will help me next time I encounter a similar problem.

Thanks,
Bal
<<

balrog78

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Now I noted something: in a hectic situation (boss fight) I had problems with repeater and other things. The reason is I pressed CTRL-Y (which is key mapped) + was clicking on the healing clickbar. The repeater was "disabled" while CTRL was hold.
Probably that is all related to my configuration and I know now how to avoid it. So just for your information :)

Return to General