FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with mouse repeater on some occasions.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Enoah35

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:38 am

Problems with mouse repeater on some occasions.

Hello,

I have an issue on some occasion about the mouse repeater region I set with ISboxer. I am 5boxing with class of Paladin (tank), 2 Mages, 1 Shaman, 1 Priest (healer). I have set up the mouose repeater region using Vuhdu and configured them accordingly. For the most part the repeater works just fine, and does what it is told to. I am only using 1 Repeater box. And it is assigned toward 1 mage (for curse removing), the shaman (for group healing when told to), and mainly the priest. The clicking is disabled on paladin's part. (KVM? not sure the name... but the block option is active on the paladin's side). I play on 1 monitor and I play with my tank's view most of the time unless it involves looting. I only use 1 computer to run all 5 clients.

For the region setting in ISboxer, I have the auto swap dissabled. I have set up to change the session using a hotkey namely F8 for account 1 and F11 for account 5. Shifting between sessions using F8~F11. I have the CPU corese divided pretty much evenly, and the FTL modifier? (which I still don't know what it is for, except that each has to have an unique key assigned.) are unique for each toon.

Addons I have installed: X-perl unit frame, Vuhdu, Deadly boss mods, Gatherer, Omen, Recount, Jamba.

I have noticed that there are some times that the repeater region just stops working. I click on the person to heal and it simply won't work. And it could be my mistake but notice it specially soon after my party gets feared, like the first boss in Halls of Reflection. No I am not trying to heal while it has the fear spell, I am doing right after it goes off. (and yes HoR's fear is terror in which cannot be fear warded or tremor totem) I have checked it, and yes they are all in range of healing. I also checked she was not silenced, nor she was on global cooldown. It simply stops working for a moment, and maybe after few seconds it starts working (which most of the time its too late). It can occur on other places but this is where I noticed most.

Things I have done: I have checked all accounts has hardware mouse enabled. I also tried disabling the input lag option. I tried reconfiguring the repeater region but seems the problem persists.

I am at work now so I cannot provide any screenshots or configuration. But in the ISboxer I have not modified anything. Appart from button assignments for some of the existing options that the wizard generates. I would appreciate if you could provide me some sort of fix. (will give screenshots and configuration on isboxer if needed once I am back from work) Since it is incredibly annoying that on critical moments my healing doesn't work all of a sudden.

Thank you.

Edit: There is another issue which is very bothering but i probably know a fix. On my Vuhdu I have configured that mouse button 4 is going to be my Prayer of Mending for the priest. However in WoW it is also the button which auto run. I use them alot. Sometimes when I click on the healing repeating regeon the priest or shaman, whoever the repeater region is set starts autorunning. It happens so random that I don't know When it happens on what circumstances but I have indeed wiped a couple of times due to this. Possible fix is to assign auto run to another key, but since I am too used to this that I keep on putting back...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:05 am

Re: Problems with mouse repeater on some occasions.

FTL Modifiers you don't generally need to change or worry about. What FTL does is take a WoW macro binding, like F11 for Follow, and turns it into what is essentially one macro per Character, using the selected FTL modifiers. So, to follow Slot 1 for example, it presses Shift+F11 on the other windows which then translates into /follow theguyinslot1.

Regions should never seem to stop working -- you should be able to see the cursor in the target window whether your clicks seem to operate or not. Something you might be running into is a quirk with modifier keys (Alt, Shift, Ctrl). Try moving the mouse into the region, and tap each of those and try clicking again. The same thing (minus seeing the mouse in the region) can be implemented using a Click Bar instead of a Repeater Region, which will help you avoid this sort of issue. See http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=30511&page=2 for my description of how to do it, which is followed by screenshots of how Jafula (of Jamba) implemented my suggestions for his config.

As far as mouse4 and autorun, this is a matter of clicking mouse4 in a game window that doesn't have a WoW ui frame at that spot. When you're creating your repeater region, the red area shows exactly where ISBoxer will pass the mouse (and block from the current window when that option is enabled) -- so you can flip on the in-game ISBoxer control panel and make sure that the red area doesn't extend beyond the window. You can check it in each window to be sure. Something that might help, as more of a last resort I guess, is if there's a way to add a border to the addon window, or use another addon window behind it to make a fake border.
<<

Enoah35

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:54 am

Thanks for the reply. Yes I recall I have read about this when I just started using your tool but left aside due to how easy it was with the repeater region. I will have a go at this using Vuhdu, and with this method it will probably be even more easier to heal since you don't have to press so many combinations of buttons. Only gripe will be how much space it takes on the screen for the healing regions but well thats what I have to cope.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:16 am

You don't need to make all of those, you can set up a single click bar button that does it exactly like your repeater region. Instead of making several click bar buttons, make one big button and add several actions to it with different combinations of shift/alt/ctrl. Either way will of course work fine ;)

Return to Repeater