FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EVE Broadcasting Regions blocks Broadcasting Hotkey

Moderator: MiRai

<<

spf

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:58 am

EVE Broadcasting Regions blocks Broadcasting Hotkey

Hello there, im new here and yet trying to set the things up found a critical point for now:
1) while i dont use any broadcasting regions my broadcasting hotkey works perfectly, but as long as i load my setup with broadcasting areas broadcasting hotkeys stops respond. I cant turn on broadcasting but broadcasting in the specific areas works perfectly.
2) Ive set up specific hot key for a group of 2 pilots, when i activate broadcast hotkey from one of this pilots it works fine, they broadcast to each other and do things as i want them to do, but when i activate same hot key from another windows> i turn on broadcasting at all my pilots and i dont want this, i want this hotkey being ignored by all other windows. How set hotkey to activate broadcasting only at specific windows(and ability to activate this hotkey only from this specific team), and being ignored at other windows?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:15 am

Re: EVE Broadcasting Regions blocks Broadcasting Hotkey

I'm not sure I understand the first point. When broadcasting is turned on, it is on. If you are using a Repeater Region (the area's you mention) then it is probable that the hotkey is being passed through to the targets of the Repeater Region (which is kind of the point!), and thus turning on broadcasting on the targets, rather than your current active window, but I'm not sure as I'm confused by your description.

For the second. You are probably after an Action Target Group. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Action_Target_Group. Your hotkey would need to be doing some redirecting with Targets, too http://isboxer.com/wiki/Target.

Essentially you want the Repeater Target to be "teamATG&self" so that it will only be effectively turned on if the current active window is a member of the team, and the New Repeater Target in question will be "teamATG&~self" or "other teamATG" (either option would work).

You can also to use some virtualisation so that when you press the hotkey it will have a specific action when you are on the specific characters in the team and something else when on other characters, which would allow the Repeater Target above to be self (or Window:Current if you like). http://isboxer.com/wiki/Virtual_Mapped_Key
The virtualisation is probably a really good idea as it means you don't have to manage funky odd goings on in your hotkeys.
You could of course create a new Key Map group and assign it to only the specific team characters, which is the simpler approach, but it is a less dynamic config.
<<

spf

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:34 am

yes, sorry for my english. ill try to explain it better. Step by step it looks like:
i log in my characters, broadcast key works fine, they follow etc.
i load my Video FX regions. Broadcast works fine.
i load my repeating regions (2) and after this, hot key, which is turning ON broadcast mode stop respond. I cant broadcast anymore, broadcast works only at the specific regions.
edit: and big thx for quick response. much appreciated
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:46 am

Loading repeater regions shouldn't disable the general broadcasting when you are outside of a repeater source region, unless you have a mapped key which is be executed and changing the targeting.

You'll need to post your ISBoxer config, and repeater config because I don't think it should happen unless the configuration is weird.

Sharing ISBoxer config. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13
To share your repeater config, you'll need to grab the XML file from C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts\ISBoxerToolkit.RepeaterSettings.XML. If you edit it with Notepad or similar and paste the xml to privatepaste.com (or similar).

Provide both links (for ISBoxer config and Repeater config).

p.s. I assume this is not a Multi-PC configuration.
<<

spf

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:56 am

http://privatepaste.com/5ef2fdf87e ISboxer config
http://privatepaste.com/8385bbbfd8Repeater settings
yes, this is single PC config
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:01 am

Nuts, the repeater regions are in files called.

C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts\ISBoxer.Regions.[CharacterSet].[CharacterName].xml Can you get one of these with which the problem you describe is occurring.
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:05 am

Problem 1 in your profile is that the WHT broadcast, under Step 1, Action 1, the Target needs to be "Window:Current" or "self" or "WHT&~self" (pick one of them, and without the quotes). The New Repeater Target value is fine.

If using "Window:Current" or "self", then you will need to look into virtualisation or using a separate Key Map group that is only assigned to the specific characters rather than the Character set, so your other characters don't respond to the hotkey (you should do this anyway otherwise you will need to reconfigure several other actions in the mapped key too.
<<

spf

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:19 am

http://privatepaste.com/5adedbf59b thats one with problems
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:31 am

There is nothing obvious, although the thing that strikes me is that the Repeater settings has
Code:
keymap="Always On" mappedkey=""

in it, so it is possible that it is running your whole key map group when you load and then enter and exit the regions. I'm not strictly sure as I can't replicate the config, but I suggest editing the Regions file manually and setting that particular part to
Code:
keymap="" mappedkey=""
and see if it makes a difference when you load your regions.

Due to the nature of the beast you may need to restart your character set after editing manually (you should be able to get away with just Right Click on Innerspace, goto ISBoxer Character Sets, and select your running character set - this will force a reload of the configuration).
<<

spf

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:43 am

in fact man, u r rly good in this stuff.
i just checked this debugg function, and found that when cursor was inside repeating region smth was turning ON, so ive tried to turn on broadcast with cursor inside region and it turned on, so after i deleted all repeating regions what i made before, and made new but without this "always ON" option (tbh i have no idea what is ON ^^) loaded twice now, to check how it runs, and it runs perfect. im very glad for your help.
also i have another question, is there any option to turn Autoload my Video FX region+repeating regions? or i have to load my sets everytime i log in?
thx again man u helped a lot (ive spend 3 days breaking head before posting)
Next

Return to Repeater