FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sharing Repeater Regions across teams

Moderator: MiRai

<<

helmhammer

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:04 am

Sharing Repeater Regions across teams

</script>tInsertions();" class="inputbox">I created a repeater region for healing on one of my character teams. Is there a way I can make that same region appear on other teams as well?

Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:13 am

Re: Sharing Repeater Regions across teams

It's easiest to just create it again on your other teams, since that should take about 5 seconds. I've got a dozen teams that all use one region in the same place myself.

If you REALLY want to sync it with all your teams, the regions are stored per Character, per Character Set. There's an XML file in the Inner Space folder for each Character in each Character Set that you can copy for whatever Character+Character Set that you want it on. To make it easier, you can copy it to one of the Characters in the other Set (copy the file and just replace the names in the filename itself, you do not need to edit the file), then load it up and hit the Sync button from that Character to put it on the others.
<<

Igg123

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:54 pm

IF I'm reading lax's response correctly, there's no way to use the same repeater region except to recreate?

What about the repeater region in ISboxer, what does that do then? /boggle.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:27 pm

You can't directly reuse the same exact Repeater Region, because it is stored per character, per team. There isn't currently anything built in to load a region set from another team, no. I don't see it as being a huge issue because it takes 2 seconds to make one, and there is always an alternative method using Click Bars if you're taking more than 2 seconds to set up your repeater region...

If you want to copy it, you can copy any of the actual files in the Scripts folder that contain your repeater regions. Each Character Set + Character combination has its own file. For example, I have a file called "ISBoxer.Regions.KJ2 Paladins.Tankorade-Kil'jaeden.XML". The Character Set in this case is "KJ2 Paladins" and the Character is "Tankorade-Kil'jaeden". If I wanted to copy Tankorade's repeater regions for use by another Character, all I would have to do is copy this file for the new Character Set + Character. ISBoxer.Regions.Character Set.Character.XML.

Sure, I could probably build a way into ISBoxer itself to do that.

Return to Repeater