FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer Mouse Repeater

Moderator: MiRai

<<

blacksage

Post Sat May 08, 2010 10:04 am

ISBoxer Mouse Repeater

Is there any way to block (blacklist) a combination of mouse events from being sent through the repeater? Specifically I am trying to block the event triggered with both Mouse1 and Mouse2 pressed (i.e. holding both the left and right mouse buttons at the same time). This currently triggers a movement event in the World of Warcraft client which doesn't play nicely with ISBoxer or Jamba following.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 08, 2010 10:25 am

Re: ISBoxer Mouse Repeater

Usually you want to play with Repeater disabled, because Mapped Keys should give you everything you need to broadcast without messing things up. What is it that you needed Repeater on for?
<<

blacksage

Post Sat May 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Well I'm coming from Keyclone which had pretty poor mouse support, so, say for example, my warlock team is currently using broadcast key bindings for everything. To try to cut down on some of the binds I have been attempting to use the mouse repeater to handle things like pet summoning, soulstones, healthstones, etc. Using a Keymap and leaving the Mouse Repeater on has been working very well out of the box it's just that when you're flying around and organising your slaves (especially on an epic flyer) it's easy to accidentally trigger the event and end up leaving your slaves floating off in the middle of nowhere.

It's not a big problem, I can simply use another bind to toggle the repeater on and off, I was just hoping to find somebody else who had experienced the issue and perhaps come up with a more elegant xml or /Innerspace/Scripts/repeater.iss tweak.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat May 08, 2010 3:01 pm

I would really look to playing with Keymaps on, and Repeater off.

You can still use the mouse to click a lot of things.
You have two strong tools in this regard.

With Click Bars, you have a graphic icon which can be clicked on, from any window.
And it is the equivalent of running a mapped key.
You can create a mapped key, which will have a specific toon receive a keybind, such as wherever the pet summon spell happens to be bound.

You can also create Repeater Regions, which are areas where mouse broadcasting is on, if the mouse is within the area.
I have several of these, for example my hearth stone or the Jamba item bar.
You could create a repeater region over a pet summon button if you wanted.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

blacksage

Post Sun May 09, 2010 2:28 am

Hey,

I ended up patching the following method:
Code:
method ButtonMoved(string Button, bool Position, uint TimeStamp)

Thanks for the feedback regardless, and all the best.

Blacksage.
<<

Ftwyman

Post Tue May 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I have a similar issue came over from keyclone and either need a ton more keymaps which I don't know how to do yet or I néed a way to have repeater on but mouse broadcasting toggled off I play 5 druids and need way more keys to broadcast than 1234567890-+. I can't find how to toggel on an ofF mouse all my heal macros are on f1 -f12 and buffs rezes and forms are on shift a-h and :;".

I can't seem to find a through explanition of key mapping when I just want to have one key pass for all toons. Simple in keyclone more complex in IS
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 11, 2010 1:32 pm

The fact that you have so many keys to broadcast is a product of coming from keyclone and learning to play with that particular style, not from playing 5 druids. I also have a team of 5 druids myself, along with 5 shamans, 5 paladins, some death knights, warlocks, mages, etc. I would hate to have as many keys as you do ;)

With that said, this thread was about having "partial" mouse repeat and specifically blocking the combination formed by clicking both mouse buttons, not about playing with key broadcasting on but mouse broadcasting off. Blocking that particular combination is relatively complex to achieve. Turning on key broadcasting without mouse broadcasting is not.

The simplest way to do what you're asking is to set a Hotkey in your Repeater Profile. This is the first place most people go. However, be aware that a Hotkey in your Repeater Profile will not give you any indicator whether it's on or off like the button on the Click Bar or the default hotkey.

The "right" way to do this is to go into the Control Key Map in the top panel. Then in the bottom underneath Mapped Keys (not in the top panel), right click on "Activate Repeat" and select Make Copy. This creates another Mapped Key called "Copy of Activate Repeat". Rename it to something else, for example "Activate Key Repeat". Change the Hotkey to something else. Then expand your new Mapped Key so you can see Steps, 1, 2 beneath it. Click on the 1 (step 1). To the right, the first Action opens up, this is the one you need to change. It turns both Keyboard and Mouse repeat on. Change it to turn Mouse Repeat Off instead. That's it, just Export and your new key can be used immediately.
<<

Ftwyman

Post Tue May 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Sorry for the misplaced post

Thanks for the directions.
<<

Ftwyman

Post Tue May 11, 2010 9:06 pm

it seen to work well but twice now when i push Shift Space bar to mount all 5 screens lock up and I have to go to task manager. it says all 5 wows are not responding and I have to end task. seems like a bug . I am running both keymaps and repeater with mouse off. I know from reading that its not recomended. I am sure I wold rather create specific key maps rather than have repeater on. Just dont have the skill to set it up that way yet do you do any web demonstrtions or can you link me to any videos that I could use to set it up the right way. I run Win 7 I would move this to Key Map thread if i could.
<<

Ftwyman

Post Tue May 11, 2010 10:23 pm

skip it i fixed it. My first attempt at a keymap for shift space was in conflict deleted it a fixed

Return to Repeater