FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBOXER: Issue mouse and key repeaters.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

OzHawkeye

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:38 am

ISBOXER: Issue mouse and key repeaters.

When I click into some of my slave windows, the mouse and key broadcaster seems to turn on. On some windows it does, on others it doesn't. Thanks to Lax and Ualaa I've now got it so that the jambaleaer doesn't change when I click into one of the small follower windows (but does if I maximise that window), so if I can get this broadcaster issue solved I reckon I'll be right.

The other issue I have is that even with keymaps and repeater both turned off, I still get some keys "leaking" into the slave windows, and even when I turn both the repeater and keymaps on, some keys seems not to get broadcast.

For example, even with both the keymaps and repeater on, I couldn't get all 5 clients to talk into my guild chat at once (only the main window guy would talk). Another example, when logging in, even with turning the keymaps and repeater off, I still get my account password being broadcast repeatedly into some of the slave windows.

I've attached my profile here.

Also, to ISBoxer, I have to say I'm getting pretty impressed (though still a little overwhelmed) with the power and configurability of the program, but I can see even at Day 5 (I think) that I could really use the configurability to make some really useful keymaps/macros/etc. So, Kudos to the program on it's scope and depth.

Finally, just in case it may be relevant, I've noticed some issues with Jamba, in particular Taxi isn't working (despite being configured to), auto-quest complete doesn't work (I have to use the mouse repeater function for that), and there's a really weird issue with BarTender where by some of my action bars are getting moved and/or duplicated (to the point where I've had to disable Action Bar 6 on my main because it was duplicating Action Bar 1).
Attachments
is profile.txt
(97.84 KiB) Downloaded 735 times
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: ISBOXER: Issue mouse and key repeaters.

I would look at your blacklist and whitelist, regarding keys which are passed or not passed.
Not really sure on that, but it is my suspicion.

Any key, which is used as a hotkey for a mapped key, functions for the mapped key when Keymaps are on.
Basically, if you have T = warlock lifetap (like I do), when keymaps are on, typing "/Tell" will come up as "/ell".

Anytime you want them all to chat or do another text command, you'll want Repeater On and Keymaps Off.

For the addons, that is basically dependent on how they are made by their authors.
It's probably a configuration issue.

With Jamba, there are various completion options.
One forces each team member to make a selection for the quest reward.
Another will have each member that has not made a selection go with the reward chosen by the current master.
Depending on your team, one may be desireable and the other not; and with other teams the opposite behavior might be desired.
Not sure on the Jamba Taxi issue, but mouse broadcasting (repeater) is accurate enough to select flight paths.

I've found at the log in screen...
I enable keymaps and disable keymaps.
And then enable repeater.
Without the enable/disable, keymaps are sometimes on -- which impacts entering my password.
It's easiest to enable then disable each time, and once done its good for the entire session.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

OzHawkeye

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Ualaa wrote:I've found at the log in screen...
I enable keymaps and disable keymaps.
And then enable repeater.
Without the enable/disable, keymaps are sometimes on -- which impacts entering my password.
It's easiest to enable then disable each time, and once done its good for the entire session.

Yeah, I've noticed I've had to do this as well, though I've ended up having to do it mid-session when clicking into a slave window has turned on (somehow) the mouse and key broadcasting.

As to the add-ons I mention only in case they may be relevant, I'll follow up the Jamba issues accordingly.

The big issue at the moment I guess is that first one - mouse and key broadcasts turning on when I click into some slave windows, some times...
<<

OzHawkeye

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:17 am

I know Lax will have been occupied with recent server issues, so there's no huge rush here.

Perhaps someone else may be able to answer this question: To completely, totally block ALL key broadcasting from master to the 4 slaves, do I need to use a White/Black list? This *seems* to be the problem, that even with KeyMaps and Repeater both turned off, some keys still get broadcast from one window to another.

Likewise, I also want - very occasionally - to ensure that ALL keys get broadcast, something else I don't seem to be quite able to do.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:32 am

There isn't currently a simple way to block all at the destination, you have to do it at the source. If you have Key Maps and Repeater off, and it's broadcasting, then you probably have additional Key Maps that are not toggled by the default Key Map toggle. For each additional Key Map you want toggled, you will want to add a Key Map State Action to each of the two Steps in Activate Maps (in Control key map). If you have multiple Character Sets, with different Key Maps for each, you will want to use a Key Map white/black list, configured per Character Set. This will make sure that the toggle key doesn't turn on any key maps that weren't intended for that Character Set.

To ensure that all keys get broadcast, you simply want key maps disabled and repeater enabled without a white or black list.
<<

OzHawkeye

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 am

lax wrote:There isn't currently a simple way to block all at the destination, you have to do it at the source. If you have Key Maps and Repeater off, and it's broadcasting, then you probably have additional Key Maps that are not toggled by the default Key Map toggle. For each additional Key Map you want toggled, you will want to add a Key Map State Action to each of the two Steps in Activate Maps (in Control key map). If you have multiple Character Sets, with different Key Maps for each, you will want to use a Key Map white/black list, configured per Character Set. This will make sure that the toggle key doesn't turn on any key maps that weren't intended for that Character Set.

To ensure that all keys get broadcast, you simply want key maps disabled and repeater enabled without a white or black list.

Ahh, and the light bulb turns on.....I hope.

I gather then that the KeyMap toggle key, isn't a "universal" toggle that turns on or off ALL keymaps, but is in effect itself just a Keymap that turns on or off whatever other Keymaps you configure it to operate on?

Thus, if I make a new Keymap, and don't include it in that "KeyMap" function, then it will be permanently active, regardless of whether I click the "Toggle Keymaps" button?

Is this correct? (I'm going to look at the program now as well to confirm it).

Finally, if this is correct, then it means if I include every single Keymap as being controlled by that toggle key, and then turn both Keymaps and the Repeater off, not a single key should pass from the focused-window to any of the followers. True?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 am

You got it.

Just don't toggle off the toggle key or you can't get them back on without re-exporting :)
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:19 pm

The Keymap Toggle, in Control Keymaps...

Enables/Disables the General/DPS Keymaps, and all the mapped keys within.
I generally put mapped keys into General (if they'll apply to all teams), or into FTL DPS (if they apply to all teams, and are an FTL Attack).

But if you make a series of mapped keys for a specific team, add the Keymap they're in to the master toggle in Control Keymaps.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

OzHawkeye

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Excellent. Thanks for the replies. I'm starting to get a much better understanding of how ISBoxer is working now.

The configurability of the program is proving extremely useful in cutting down the in-game key assignments and making my all-Paladin team have a surprisingly and happily simple setup that still does everything I need and want it to. I couldn't have done that without the flexability and configurability of ISBoxer - even if it's a steep learning curve... hehe.
<<

ash1ey

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:38 pm

When I click into some of my slave windows, the mouse and key broadcaster seems to turn on. On some windows it does, on others it doesn't.

Having this same problem. When i switch windows mouse broadcasting gets turned on :( But only on some windows not them all.

Can be a real pain if my main guy dies after a fear, I switch, start moving with mouse and then they all start running off in diff directions.
Next

Return to Repeater