FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Clients falling out of sync

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sleepy

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 am

Clients falling out of sync

My clients are falling out of sync during gameplay. My repeater profile uses Caps Locks for Mouse Repeater for All Windows and Alt+Caps Locks for Keyboard Repeater for All Windows.

This configuration worked for awhile, but seems to be having this problem lately. I saw another thread suggest changing the configuration from All Windows to Current Window, but that made things worse. For instance, I get nothing repeated from main window, but when I switch to a slave it is broadcasting.

Please help,
SleepyHollow aka
Jordan Adania
<<

Sleepy

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Clients falling out of sync

This topic is the same problem I am having. There is a post in there that suggest how to fix it, but its extremely confusing what that person is trying to communicate.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:21 am

Edit: Sorry if some of this is repeating myself, I didn't realize we talked on the Lavish forums a little bit already ;)

One very important thing to note here is that I do not have your configuration and therefore if the problem you are having is unrelated to the specific details you have provided me (like something in a mapped key you use), there is no way for me to know that. So I am just guessing, and this is largely going to be a repeat of what I said on the other thread... ;) And if this doesn't help, then I really just need to see your config. See the sticky about "How to share your configuration for better support"

My suggestion is really that you should not set hotkeys in your Repeater Profile, and this suggestion goes for everyone who uses the Quick Setup Wizard (in fact if you go select your Repeater Profile in the top pane you can read the Description box which says this). Hotkeys in your Repeater Profile are not going to sync with the on-screen icons, so they are never going to show you the right state if you are hitting your custom hotkeys.

Instead, select the Control or Always On key map (whichever you have, Control is from the Quick Setup Wizard for WoW and Always On is for every other game) in the top pane. Then in the bottom left pane, you have "Activate Repeat" and "Activate Mouse Repeat". Set those hotkeys -- Activate Repeat defaults to Shift+Alt+R, and is no default hotkey for Activate Mouse Repeat. These mapped keys will at least update the on-screen icon with the Repeater state. They are only toggling current window, though, by default.

To explain what you're seeing about "out of sync", every window has its own state. When you turn Repeater on or off in one window, it isn't necessarily going to change the state in the other window. When you use "current window" hotkeys in your Repeater Profile, you are specifically telling it NOT to change whether broadcasting will pass from other windows. And since your hotkeys are NOT affecting the on-screen icons, it will be a mystery to you whether it's on or off when you switch windows.

Finally... if you're separating mouse and keyboard repeat, then this might be helpful (assuming you're playing EQ2 still from a previous post):
(EQ2 Quick Start Guide) Understanding Key Maps vs Repeater
(EQ2 Quick Start Guide) Quickly add many broadcasting hotkeys
<<

Sleepy

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:22 pm

http://www.privatepaste.com/e9f72e4d0a

I am on a single computer, single monitor, running 5 everquest 2 clients with NO window layout. I use video feeds with built-in repeaters. I use a repeater profile with everything OFF at startup. I have hotkeys for mouse and keyboard Separately, Caps Locks and Alt+Caps Locks, Respectively. I used to have the hotkeys set to All Windows. During gameplay, some windows would be broadcasting and some wouldnt. So I changed the hotkeys to Current Window. Now when the repeater fails its not as chaotic but it does still fail.

What happens NOW with the Current Window Repeater: I am playing from is4 and I clicked a cure that is on is3 from my is4 screen using a video feed with built-in repeater region. A little later I went to activate my mouse repeater to click something on every client. When I turned my repeater ON my main window didnt respond to mouse clicks and the only window that was receiving broadcast was is3.

I hope this additional information is helpful, this problem is making my innerspace subscription useless.

Thanks,
Sleepyhollow aka
Jordan Adania

Edit: I read your post about on screen indicators and not knowing whether one is on or off. That is why I use Caps Lock. It gives me an LED light for an indicator.
<<

Sleepy

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:13 pm

Okay, I will just cancel my subscription. Thanks for nothing. Good bye.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:38 pm

To be fair, you could have bumped one of your threads much sooner ;)

One of my regulars reported an issue tonight in the ISBoxer Chat Room, which I think is what you're running into. Basically, if you were to shut off a video feed while your mouse was over it, it would get stuck in that state (sending to that particular window) unless you were to adjust the repeater target another way (such as with a Repeater Target Action in a Mapped Key -- not that you need any, just explaining...). ISBoxer 38.3.424.1, now available, solves the issue I just described. You can find this update in the About window from the Help menu in ISBoxer.

Enjoy! (or not, up to you)
<<

Sleepy

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Thank you so much!

Now I can quit playing so much Starcraft II.

Return to Repeater