FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ] Repeater regions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Oompy

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:26 pm

[EQ] Repeater regions

I'm a new user learning as i go. I am looking for advice on repeater regions in EQ.

I use just a pair of chars, a tank and a healer, each filling their standard roles. I'd like to end up with a repeater region on the tank's screen that includes the healer's 8 spell gems and her group bars. This would allow for targeting and healing/buffing the various (and often different) group members without leaving the tank window. I have been able to set the repeater area on both character's screens. On the tank's screen, the region is just a blank box. I can click on it, blindly, and the click can change targets and cast spells from the healer. *If* I'm lucky and happen to click on (the tank side) blank area that corresponds to the spell/groupmember bar on the other screen.

Is there a solution where I can see what I'm clicking? Workaround ideas if I can't? The spell gems will vary. The party members will vary. It's EQ, so addons like healbot aren't an option. The OS I'm running is XP. Thank you!
<<

Berserker

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: [EQ] Repeater regions

Oompy wrote:I'm a new user learning as i go. I am looking for advice on repeater regions in EQ.

I use just a pair of chars, a tank and a healer, each filling their standard roles. I'd like to end up with a repeater region on the tank's screen that includes the healer's 8 spell gems and her group bars. This would allow for targeting and healing/buffing the various (and often different) group members without leaving the tank window. I have been able to set the repeater area on both character's screens. On the tank's screen, the region is just a blank box. I can click on it, blindly, and the click can change targets and cast spells from the healer. *If* I'm lucky and happen to click on (the tank side) blank area that corresponds to the spell/groupmember bar on the other screen.

Is there a solution where I can see what I'm clicking? Workaround ideas if I can't? The spell gems will vary. The party members will vary. It's EQ, so addons like healbot aren't an option. The OS I'm running is XP. Thank you!

You could put a video feed there, and then stack the repeater region on top.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Unfortunately on XP you won't have the Video Feeds feature, which can be put on top of Repeater Regions to see the other window (as in Alge's setup that he has posted here). I would highly recommend an upgrade or dual boot to Windows 7 (or even Vista would give you this feature) if your hardware supports it.

Without it you're looking at either the fake cursor feature (which may be hit or miss for EQ1, currently; I'm working on duplicating the problems some people are experiencing) with another visible window, or using Click Bars instead of a Repeater Region. The Click Bar buttons could map to your EQ1 Hotkeys in that window or pass clicks through at that location (via a Sync Cursor Action followed by a Keystroke Action for the mouse click).
<<

Oompy

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Thank you for the tips. I don't think I saw anything about the fake cursor feature in the manual, but I will look around for info.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:07 am

In ISBoxer, under Repeater Profiles.

Return to Repeater