FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Remembering Window Sizes and Logon info

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fixxer

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:25 am

Remembering Window Sizes and Logon info

Every time I log in, I have to reposition my windows. Is there a way for me to manually move them, size them, and then make ISBoxer to remember those sizes and locations?

Also, when I log in, I have to enter in my user names and passwords... Is there a way to make it automatically log in and select a character so I don't have to type all that in every time?

THanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:37 am

Re: Remembering Window Sizes and Logon info

Fixxer wrote:Every time I log in, I have to reposition my windows. Is there a way for me to manually move them, size them, and then make ISBoxer to remember those sizes and locations?.

If you used the Quick Setup Wizard, it would normally suggest a Window Layout, which does this. You can generate a Window Layout after the fact using the Window Layout Wizard. if you cant see one you want, then pick one that is close to what you want, and then edit it after it has generated. You will find them in the Window Layout node in the top left of ISBoxer.

Fixxer wrote:Also, when I log in, I have to enter in my user names and passwords... Is there a way to make it automatically log in and select a character so I don't have to type all that in every time?
Not really Window Layout related, but the usual answer is no. ISBoxer doesn't provide you this ability as it would generally involve pushing data directly into the game memory (character selection). If the game does natively support you doing this, e.g. from the command line, then you could do it via a per character game profile with the appropriate parameters.
ISBoxer does provide the ability to use virtual files (copies of core configuration for your game), which usually means that each character will "remember" the appropriate account. Passwords are not usually remembered by games, although some launchers will, (battle.net for example), so you can do it.. e.g. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Autol ... Battle.net
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:37 am

Just going to post this anyway...

Fixxer wrote:Every time I log in, I have to reposition my windows. Is there a way for me to manually move them, size them, and then make ISBoxer to remember those sizes and locations?

Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like you want to use a Window Layout.

Fixxer wrote:Also, when I log in, I have to enter in my user names and passwords... Is there a way to make it automatically log in and select a character so I don't have to type all that in every time?

This depends entirely on the game, but normally (and assuming you used the Quick Setup Wizard to set up your game) ISBoxer takes care of this for you.

Did you happen to run the Quick Setup Wizard, which will take care of both of these things right off the bat (unless you're playing some super special game that ISBoxer doesn't take full advantage of).

EDIT: True, ISBoxer isn't going to type your password in for you.
<<

Fixxer

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:15 am

The game is Everquest...

I will see if I can find the window layout settings and play around with that.

If I run the Launcher, all I have to do is select an account and click play... No password required... but when I start EQ using ISBoxer, it makes me type the passwords in.
<<

bob

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:28 am

Your characters may be using a Game Profile which is launching everquest.exe directly, rather than Launchpad.exe. You might want to change the game profile on each character in ISboxer to the game profile which loads up Launchpad. You may even need to add a new game, which is pointing to Launchpad, and then update the characters to use the new profile. If it is launching the Launchpad already, then it will probably be necessary to enter the information manually the first time around. After than the per character virtual files should save the needed information, although if you did not use the Quick Setup Wizard initially, then you may need to use the Virtual File Wizard to make sure that the appropriate virtual files have been created.

The Wizards are in the Wizards menus.
<<

Fixxer

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:37 am

On the window sizes... The wizard does not offer the option to center each instance of the game on my screen. I want to maintain the aspect ratio, centered on the screen (but not full screen), and use the task bar to switch between characters... After creating a layout using the wizard, the only modifications I can find, return me to the wizard editor.

What do I have to edit in order to declare the x/y cords of the of the upper left hand corner of the character window, and what do I have to change to declare the x/y cords of the lower right hand corner of the window?
<<

bob

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:42 am

In the top left pane, select Window Layouts -> name of your Window Layout.
In the lower left pane, select Regions
In the lower right, select each region (the black areas), and set the properties you want, such as Top Left, and Size. There is no Lower right, as this is calculated from the aforementioned properties.
<<

Fixxer

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:40 am

Window layout issue... You gave the perfect solution to help me set it up the way I wanted. Thank you!

I need to experiment with getting the launcher to start up so I can just click play... Window 1 opened up in the launcher... The other 2 did not. So I changed something that switched it. Thanks again.
<<

bob

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:28 am

Fixxer wrote:I need to experiment with getting the launcher to start up so I can just click play... Window 1 opened up in the launcher... The other 2 did not. So I changed something that switched it. Thanks again.
If you select your character (that worked) in the top left of ISBoxer (under the characters node), then in the lower right, take note of the Game/Game Profile drop downs. Then select the other characters, and make sure they are using the same Game/Game Profile. Then they should all behave the same.

Return to Window Layouts