FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Two Monitors, different sizes.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Two Monitors, different sizes.

I've been thinking of adding another monitor, for the slaves to play on.
Would still be a single PC, for my five accounts.

My current monitor is a monster 30" widescreen (2560x1600).
If I were to pick up a 24" widescreen, with a lower resolution, how would this impact warcraft?

Is it that the monitors need the same resolution, or that warcraft needs the same resolution for accurate mouse broadcasting and instant window swap?
Thanks for your input.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Two Monitors, different sizes.

The game (WoW or otherwise) needs to be in the same resolution for proper mouse broadcasting and instant swapping.

The size and ratio of the second monitor compared to your main monitor is going to determine how good the game looks on it. For example, if the main monitor is 16:9 and the second monitor is 4:3, then you're either not going to fill the whole monitor with windows, or it's going to look distorted (probably tall and skinny in that particular case). The size isn't that big of a deal if you're putting more than one window on the second monitor, because at that point you've already committed to having the windows smaller, and scaled down from the original resolution (for mouse broadcasting + instant swap). For people running exactly two windows it is most convenient if both monitors are exactly the same size, because they usually want perfect readability in both windows.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Re: Two Monitors, different sizes.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

With Jamba chat forwarding... don't really need text to be legible.
It's more having the main monitor display at full size.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Window Layouts