FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[LOTRO] Cannot open more than 4 active windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

coud

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:48 pm

[LOTRO] Cannot open more than 4 active windows

I'm planning to control 6 characters at once but when i open my 5th character window using isboxer the client crashes and i can only open 4 character windows for the time being. Any ideas whats wrong?

Computer specs are

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit

Q6600 OC'ed to 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR2 ram
GTX 260
P5Q Deluxe Asus motherboard
1000W PSU

Configuration: http://pastebin.com/e9YEMpQH
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: [LOTRO] Cannot open more than 4 active windows

You may want to check your RAM out. There was another person on here a while back would always crash after loading a certain number of clients, and they found out his RAM timings were off. When his system was stresses that much, it would cause failures. Edit: and try it without overclocking to see what happens.

I'm using win 7 with 12GB, and run 6 clients without a problem. I've run 5 clients before back when I only had 6GB. Some times one client will fail to load and I just kill the process, and relaunch the character set. Very rarely, I have to do this more than once. I believe in my case it is coincidence.
<<

coud

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks for the suggest ShadowKntSDS but it didn't work, i load system defaults in my bios and everything got resetted but it still said lotro has stopped responding and i get an app crash when i load my 5th character. Im playing on europe ftp btw, i might need to downgrade my innerspace to an older version to see if it works.

Edit: The 5th character now doesn't crashes but it just opens a normal standard window with no broadcaster or fps reading meter.........
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:10 pm

See how your system handles five clients at once.
Without Inner Space.

As in just start them up all at once.
See how many the system can handle, if you have the resources.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

coud

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:58 pm

I load 6 cilents at once and at all cilents idle at character select screen i have 4gb of ram free from the 8gb of ram available.
<<

coud

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:09 pm

I managed to fix the problem by creating a new set character set using the quick wizard. Thanks this thread can now be closed.

Return to Window Layouts