FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2nd window squished

Moderator: MiRai

<<

msboy1

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:46 pm

2nd window squished

Hey Y'all,

I can't seem to figure out why my second character is always squished. I go through the wizard to setup everything, and the double check that it is the way I want it. Whenver I log into EQ2, the second instance doesn't seem to be scaled correctly. I would post my configs, but I am not at home atm.

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it. I figure I am overlooking something simple. :)

Thanks for your time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: 2nd window squished

Is your second monitor a different size?

If you have Swap and Instant Swap on, this is going to force the windows to render at the size of region #1 (which is usually bigger than the others) and the display will be scaled to fit the window (thus looking squished). You can turn off either Swap or Instant Swap, and it will have each window render at its own size. However, you will also lose perfect mouse broadcasting if you choose to do this; the cursor will be able to go beyond the screen and no longer appear on the second window due to the different sizes.
<<

msboy1

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:42 am

Bah, I forgot to post my config last night.

I am only running a single monitor with a resolution of 1680x1050. Using the wizard, I select to put the extra window on the top. I noticed that the window ratios are the same, but the characters and whatnot in the game are squished. Even when I switch windows they are squished in the main window.

I am pretty sure I have swap and instant swap enabled, since that is the default.

I will try and post my config tonight.
<<

msboy1

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Ok, finally. Here is my config.

http://pastebin.com/nTNqWLY3

Return to Window Layouts