FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] dxNothing and Window Swapping

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jtw0006

Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:00 am

[EVE] dxNothing and Window Swapping

I would like to have my windows swap to the video source window when my mouse enters it, or when I click in it.

I have setup a dxNothing window and am running three accounts. I have a dxNothing dashboard setup where all of my overviews are visible as well as my HUD and other critical items. I have just enough room in the dxNothing for all the things I want to click, but no room left to actually see what is going on around the ship. Is there a way I can configure an fxviewer or something on the dxNothing screen to swap to whatever client window the passthrough action is happening?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:16 am

Re: [EVE] dxNothing and Window Swapping

Configure a VFX Focus Hotkey in your Character Set and make sure the VFX Focus option is enabled on each viewer you want it to be.
<<

jtw0006

Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:54 am

Awesome, ok, I set it to left click, and it now pulls up the window when I click. Is there a way I can get it to switch when my mouse enters the fxviewer? I see the "Mapped Key on enter/exit" but that looks like a repeater type thing.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:19 am

The mapped key on Enter/Exit thing is exactly that. You can configure a mapped key that will execute on Enter and/or Exit of the VFX viewer.

If you want the mapped key to execute a step on Enter, then set the mapped key to Execute a Step when "pressed"
If you want the mapped key to execute a step on Exit, then set the mapped key to Execute a Step when "released"
If you want the mapped key to execute a step on Enter, and another step on Exit, then set the mapped key to Execute a Step when "pressed OR released".

And for your VFX, you can add a VideoFX Action to the mapped key, which will create/destroy/show/hide a VideoFX viewer (create also shows).
If you have 3 different game clients, you will need to have 3 different mapped keys (because they aren't that smart about which window their source is from), that Creates or Shows the videoFX viewer you want to see. This does depend a little on how your viewer is created in the first place, but assuming you created them via the ISBoxer in game GUI, then I would try something like.

Mapped Key Show VFX Slot 1, Execute on Pressed
-- VideoFX Action - Hide VideoFX Viewer Slot 2, target dxNothing (or the slot the dxNothing is in)
-- VideoFX Action - Hide VideoFX Viewer Slot 3, target dxNothing
-- VideoFX Action - Show VideoFX Viewer Slot 1, target dxNothing

and repeat for each other slot swapping around the appropriate show/hides.

Return to Window Layouts