FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Single Key to toggle regions?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rtouart

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Single Key to toggle regions?

I've just installed ISBoxer and created my first character set with two regions in the layout. Both regions are full size with one hiding behind the other. How do I setup a single key or key combination to toggle the active region? I see in the UI where I can use a different key/key combo for each slot but I'd like to use the same key and toggle.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: Single Key to toggle regions?

There's a default mapping for this in ISBoxer 37 (beta) but for now:

If you don't have any Key Maps, create one and assign it to your Character Set. To do this, right click Key Maps and select New Key Map, name it something (note that Key Maps are collections of hotkeys, so you might put lots of other mappings in the same Key Map later), then drag your Character Set from the top pane into the Key Map in the bottom left pane (you do this with the Key Map selected).

If you already have Key Maps, pick one to put this in. If you're playing WoW, the Control key map would be appropriate.

So you've got a Key Map selected in the top pane now, and in the bottom left you see your Key Map name and under that it says Mapped Keys. Right click Mapped Keys and select New Mapped Key. Name it something like "Next window", then set a Hotkey in the bottom right pane (it's the top option for the mapped key). Expand the Mapped Key in the left pane so under it you see Steps, 1. Click on the 1. In the bottom right you should now see a box with Actions, right click Actions and under Window Actions select "New Window Focus Action". It will automatically fill in the options to rotate to the next window.

Go to File, Export and your Hotkey will now work.
<<

rtouart

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Single Key to toggle regions?

It works!
Thank you for the detailed instructions!

Return to Window Layouts