FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

game resolution distorted

Moderator: MiRai

<<

steffijade

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:30 am

game resolution distorted

Hi

I've been using ISBoxer to play Eve Online for a while now but after making a new character set recently I've run into an issue.

I normally run a setup with 2 monitors, with 1 screen running a large window and the other windows tiled on the second monitor and am able to swap any of the tiled windows to the main window by clicking.

I decided to make a videofx type set up with just 2 of the accounts, using the full screen stacked layout and a dxnothing window as is recommended. This seems to work fine but since making this new character set one of the accounts isn't loading properly when I use my original tiled character set. It seems as if the game display resolution in this one tiled window is messed up somehow...it comes out too large and I cant even see the login screen properly.

I'm wondering if this is something to do with the virtual files for that particular character but can't work out how to alter it in ISBoxer so it reverts to the proper game resolution.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:03 am

Re: game resolution distorted

I'm wondering if this is something to do with the virtual files for that particular character but can't work out how to alter it in ISBoxer so it reverts to the proper game resolution.

What you can do is go to the folder with your EVE settings files (as described in https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Clearing_the_cache_and_settings#Out-of-game_.28Windows.29) -- something like c:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility. In this folder you'll find core_public__.yaml and some copies of that file for each of your individual Characters, e.g. core_public__-MyCharacter.yaml. If you have one that is broken and the others are not, you can get rid of the broken file, and copy+rename one of the good ones to replace it
<<

steffijade

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: game resolution distorted

That worked and solved my problem.

Thank you very much. :)

Return to Window Layouts