FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to do this layout?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

derico5

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:24 pm

How to do this layout?

Sorry for asking, but it is so hard to understand all the tons of options. Tested so much, but didnt got any nice result :( Can anyone show me how i can setup this (hope its possible).

I want to show 4 windows in (for example) 400x300.
If I click inside any window, nothing should happen.
I want to assign 4 keys for each of that 4 windows, for example Win1 = 1, Win2 = 2, ...
If I click 1, the first window should be zoomed/moved?? to exactly 800x600 on the same place, or somethere else - it doesnt matter (but please inside my monitor, so i dont need to move that window by hand). If I click 1 again, the window should dezoomed to 400x300 and move to the old position (if it was moved).
I dont want that windows to swap positions. Win1 should be always at position 1, and so on.

So in short, all I want is zoom/move a given window if I hit a special key and dezoom if I hit that key again :) Any help? Thanks!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: How to do this layout?

Yes, this is possible. Read on...

I'm assuming you already have a Character Set with 4 Slots. Run the Window Layout Wizard using that Character Set. Before selecting a Layout from the drop down, set Preferred edge to Top and Enable Swapping to False. Then in the drop down select this Layout: "Single monitor tiled layout on \\.\DISPLAY1 (No Swapping)" (or the closest equivalent). Click Next, give your Layout a name and then click Finish.

Then, in the top left pane of ISBoxer, click on your newly-created Window Layout. In the bottom left Pane click on Regions. You can then click each of the Regions and manually edit (on the far right, under the Regions tab - it should be selected by default) the Size and Location. Location has the format "X,Y" (of the top left corner) and Size has the format "Width, Height".

At this point I'd suggest exporting your configuration and testing that everything goes where you want it to go.

Now go back into ISBoxer and select the Non-combat Key Map. You want to make a new Mapped Key in this Key Map. I called mine "Zoom 1". Give the Mapped Key a Hotkey by clicking the < button to the right of where it says "Hotkey". The Hotkey should be "1". Then right-click the word Steps in the bottom right pane and add a New Step so there are 2 Steps.

In Step 1 you want to add 2 Actions (by right clicking the word Actions in the bottom middle pane):
1) a Window Style Action (under Window Actions) with Target set to Character Slot:1, Style to change to Foreground and Size set to 800x600 and the Size check box ticked.
2) a Window State Action (again under Window Actions) with Target set to Character Slot:1, "Where" set to Foreground and "How" set to Instantly (emulate).

In Step 2 you want to add the same 2 Actions but with the size set at 400x300 in the first Action and "Where" set to Background.

Then you'll need to make another 3 Mapped Keys for your other 3 Windows, changing the Hotkey, and the Target each time. You can copy an existing Mapped Key by right clicking it in the bottom left pane of ISBoxer.

Let us know how it goes.
<<

derico5

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Wow, needed 2 trys, but now it works :)

Thanks thanks so much!

Edit: If i move/click my mouse in one window, this is copied to every other window. How can i turn that off?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:36 pm

I'd probably need to see your configuration to work out what was going on.

Return to Window Layouts