Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:59 am

7 Windows w/ 6 Clients

I read the following post and while it is similar It doesn't get me where I want unfortunately.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2518

I run 6 lotro accounts on 3 monitors currently. Client 1 (main character always) on the center, client 2 (healer on left monitor) and clients 3-6 on right monitor at 800x600. I can read the text and make out just about everything on the 4 smaller windows, however I'd like a working space on monitor 3 that each of the clients 3-6 could swap to for a full screen effect similar to client 2. Clients 2 and 3-6 are on identical monitors with a max resolution of 1600x1200. I would like for the general layout to remain 4 800x600 boxes for clients 3-6 with a temporary 7th full screen region for any of those 4, only when needed by using a key combination of C+A+7.

I've tried a few ways to make this work which involves manually modifying the layouts. My problem is that when i do this I inevitably end up having to delete all .xml files from my innerspace folder as my resolutions get totally jacked up for my 'working' layout. This has become tedious and if I can get instructions that will absolutely work it would greatly relieve my frustration on each attempt. Every time I modify my layout and then try and revert back to the working mode my 4 smaller clients mysteriously have black borders around their windows though they are set to No Border in bold letters. The only solution to that problem is to delete the .xml files and start isboxer and innerspace up again letting them regenerate the .xml files. I then have to log into my clients and swap from windowed to full screen to windowed again to make their resolutions and windows appear correctly.... It is very time consuming as I said.

Any help similar to the post above, with steps to follow would truly be appreciated! Or suggestions would also be gratefully accepted if you think you have a better way to do something similar to what I want.

I am thinking if I can get this working maybe setting up FX type stuff in window 7 so if one of my clients 3-6 are full screen I can still see what their partners are doing. I guess an alternative would be to full screen clients 3-6 and just FX on the 'active' top window. If no one has time to help with this maybe I'll do that as an hopefully easier alternative.
H8red in IRC.