FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows layout overlap and active mouseover?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dissolution

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:16 am

Windows layout overlap and active mouseover?

Hello,

Been combing through the forums and havent been able to find a difinitive answer on whether or not I can do exactly what I am trying to do.

I am currently running 2 instances of Vanguard on one PC. I would like 1 window to overlap another as seen below:

I would like to use the "]" to toggle between the two instances quickly (already configured hotkey): However when I toggle to second screen I would like the window sizes to switch. As seen below:

I would really like if the smaller window was active upon mouseover if possible as well. Is this possible? I for the life of me cannot even get one overlapping layout, much less having them capable of the switch after the toggle. I am not sure if it possible to do this or whether it can be done with the active window.

Thanks in advance
<<

Dissolution

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:29 am

Re: Windows layout overlap and active mouseover?

Forgot to add my Configuration file. I havent saved any big modification other than the toggle at this point. Everything I have tried for that windows configuration doesnt seem to happen except for the hotkey toggle.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 am

I suspect the first option below is not what you want, as it was pretty close to what you had anyway. Note: with it set this way it will only swap if you press "]" while over the smaller window.

Option 1
1. Run the window layout wizard and choose a standard swapping layout on a single monitor.
2. Then go into that Window Layout and edit the size and position of the two regions so they are where you want them.
3. Still in your Window Layout, on the General Tab set:
- Swap Hot Character to main region "only when I press the Swap Hotkey"
- Set the Swap Hotkey to "]"
- check the checkbox for Focus game windows via mouse without clicking
4. File, Export and it should work.

I wasn't able to get it do do what you want where you can press the Hotkey anywhere using a standard swapping window layout.

However, if you are able to use Video FX then you can get what you want with the procedure below.

Option 2
1. Run the Window Layout Wizard and choose Stacked Full Screen (no swapping).
2. In the Control Key Map is a Mapped Key called "Next window". Select this Mapped Key in the lower left pane of ISBoxer and give it a Hotkey of "]".
3. File, Export to Inner Space and launch your Character Set through Inner Space.
4. Check you can swap between windows with "]" correctly.
5. With your Slot 1 window active, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G to open the ISBoxer Control Panel.
6. Click on the "video fx" tab and in the Video FX Name dropdown select is2. Change the width and height to 1/4 of your monitor resolution. You can easily change these later.
7. Click the "Add" button and drag the new window that is created where you want it.
8. When the little window is in the correct location click on its blue title bar and turn on "repeater pass-thru" in the Video FX Editor. You can also select "+ Keyboard if you want this window to receive keyboard input as well as mouse input while the mouse is over it. Click the "Apply" button.
9. Click the "Save As" button back in the ISBoxer Control Panel, ensuring that the box next to it contains the text "Auto" (no quotes). Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G again to close the ISBoxer Control Panel and Video FX Editor.
10. Repeat Steps 5 through 9 for Slot 2 and is1.
<<

Dissolution

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 am

Appreciate the response. The second one sounds exactly like what I wanted, but it would have been quite a journey trying to figure that out. Thanks again/
<<

Dissolution

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:11 am

On step 4 of the second option, it toggles with "j" but immediately toggles back.

Example. If I am on screen 1 and hit "]" to toggle to screen 2, it does, but instantly toggles back to screen 1 again.

Essentially, that toggle will be my button to gain full control of the character in screen 2. Seems like I just have an option skewed somewhere. Right now I have it selected as being triggered when pressed. Is this affecting the setup?

EDIT:

I am playing around with it and sometimes it works correctly a couple times, other times it toggles back immediately. There doesn't appear to be a pattern with it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:36 am

Right now I have it selected as being triggered when pressed. Is this affecting the setup?

Probably.

There is a press of [ triggered in the new window, because you are still holding the key when it activates the new window. You will have to be fast enough to let go before the window switches. ;)
<<

Dissolution

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 am

No sh@t, thats exactly whats happening lol. I didnt see a pattern because i wasnt paying attention to my finger speed lmao.

Is there a selection I can make so 1 click equals 1 roggle, regardless of how long its pressed?
<<

Alge

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 am

It's not simple to do. You can make it only activate once for the current window (and its keymapper), but when you switch to the new window you now have another version of the keymapper intercepting your keypress. It might be doable - but would be quite complicated. I'd say it's probably easier just to press the key briefly.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:17 am

I would do one of two things...
1. a hotkey per window (configure per Slot in your Character Set)
or
2. set it to released instead of pressed

Either way will avoid this.
<<

Alge

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:23 am

hehe, I do tend to overcomplicate things at times

Return to Window Layouts