FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hotkey/Mapped Key to change Window Layout/Swapping.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

angers revenge

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Hotkey/Mapped Key to change Window Layout/Swapping.

I am trying to change my window layout with a key press (Shift+F7). Currently I have a dual monitor setup with 3 regions (2 both characters on monitor 2 and a the 3rd region on monitor 1 with no slot assigned to it (my "hot" region)). Both characters start out on the 2nd monitor and when I swap the one I swap to goes to region 3 (on my main monitor). I am dual boxing and have the hot keys setup so Ctrl+Shift+A is character slot 1 and Ctrl+Shift+S is character slot 2. However, I don't usually use this process. On my mouse (G700), I have mapped my G7 key using the logitech software to Shift+F7. For all intents and purposes innerspace reads this as me pressing Shift+F7. Instant swapping is enabled and works fine. The issue is when I use Shift+F7 (G7 of my mouse), I have to press it twice for it to change. I know this has to do with the way I configured it just not sure where. I know you guys have a better option out there.

Now for my current config layout. I have focus follow mouse on and the option to swap regions on window changing focus. I have mapped Shift+F7 for 2 steps. Step 1: focus window is1. Step 2: focus windows is2. It will swap the character to region 3 on the 2nd press of Shift+F7. I've read somewhere in the forums that you can try and send to forground or next window or something like that, but couldn't figure it out so this is what I am currently doing.

Ideally, I would like my window layout to be 2 regions stacked on my main monitor and a dxNothing on my 2nd monitor. A videoFX to show which ever character is not "hot" on the dxNothing window (i.e. if is1 is "window:current" then have videoFX is2 on dxNothing and vis versa.) I've tried various videoFX options for mapped keys but can't get this to work. I've got the dxNothing window working fine and know how to setup 2 videoFX viewers to show is1 or is2 respectivly. If this helps you help me.

Lastly, very, very good product Lax and great customer support from you and the community. Kudos to you all.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Hotkey/Mapped Key to change Window Layout/Swapping.

I guess I'd have to see your configuration to suggest what changes to make for your Shift+F7 key. HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support

For your dxNothing plan, you'd need two Mapped Keys, one for when window 1 switches to main and one for when window 2 switches. Each has one Video FX Action in it to create a viewer, and one Video FX Action in it to hide a viewer, and both of these Actions go in the same Step. In other words, Create a viewer for "is1" when you Destroy the viewer for "is2" in the dxNothing window, and vice versa. You can link a Mapped Key to a window being activated; the option is per Slot in your Character Set, in the "Switching" tab. "When I switch to this character..." "Do this Mapped Key".
<<

angers revenge

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 pm

http://www.privatepaste.com/3c8b8f6402

Sorry about that. I was planning on shareing my config but didn't have access to it at the time of the first post.

Now that I think of it, I think the reason my dxNothing window with videoFX wasn't working is because I had Shift+F7 mapped to a 2 step key map. Step one loaded is1 and hide is2 and step 2 did the opposite. Common sense should have told me that if it takes 2 key presses for me to swap windows in my current config it would have done step 2 at the wrong intended time. Your way is way batter than any I was trying and makes more sense. But, I mean it should, right, seeing as how your the guru of ISBoxer.

Lastly, about the customer support I mentioned in the first post. Looking at the posting times is proof enough. Less than an hour for a reply. Thanks again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Okay I have the answers you wanted.

Each window has its own state of the "G07" Mapped Key. The first time you hit it in either window, it is going to focus is1 -- even if that window is is1. If the Window Focus Action otherwise works well enough for what you need, just select "Rotate Forward" instead of selecting a specific Slot, and drop the second step. ISBoxer will automatically go to the "next" window in sequence for you. :)

For times when such a simple solution is not available, you would use a Mapped Key Step Action to tell the other window which Step to be on, so that when you switch to the other window it is at the same Step.
<<

angers revenge

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 pm

So, basically what is happening is one the first press both windows receive step one (focus:is1) and the second press both windows receive step two (focus:is2). Since I start with focus on is1 I have to press the button again to go to step 2 and focus on is2. Since there was 2 button presses the mapped key goes back to step 1 and the process starts anew. I think I got it. Now the question comes to the "Swap hot character to main region" option, with it selected to swap the focus window. If is2 was in the main window and the key map is on step one (from the 2 button presses earlier). As soon as I press the button to do step one (focus:is1) shouldn't it bring it to the front. I only ask to better understand what is going on within ISBoxer. The more you know.... and knowledge is power .... and all that.

Anyway, regardless of how it works (code can do some weird things at times), I will try the rotate forward method. I think I tried it before but without the "Swap hot character to main region" set to focus and a 2 step method. Can't really recall right now. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

On an unrelated note, and apology for the wrong forum, simple question. I had to adjust my video setting in the nvidia control panel for SWTOR due to the recent FPS issue people where having. Because of such windows disables aero when the SWTOR program launches. The question is; does aero only control the alpha channel/transparency of videoFX or can you just not use it at all without aero.
<<

angers revenge

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:15 pm

worked great... Just going to have to find a different method if I decide to pick up any more accounts.

Question: I have the hot key Ctrl+Shift+A and Ctrl+Shift+S assigned to swap characters for slot 1 and lot 2 respectivly in their team profile. Could I asign this to a key map and have it switch characters?

Example:
A keymap bound to the Shift F7 hotkey.

step 1
Ctrl+Shift+A -> self
step 2
Ctrl+Shift+S -> self

Doesn't seem like it would work considering it is sending step 1 and 2 to the game and not to ISBoxer, or am I wrong?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 pm

If you want to use a Mapped Key you would need to use either a Window Focus Action or possibly also a Window State Action and/or a Window Style Action. I've never been entirely clear how each of them works. The Quick Setup Wizard creates Next Window and Previous Window mapped keys in the Always On key map. You just need to give them a hotkey.

Return to Window Layouts