FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Swaping to different character

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rayer

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:51 am

Swaping to different character

Ok I have been using WinEQ2 for about 6 years, and i loved it was told this program is better. It has taken me over 6 hr to get pass the login done and all char to pop correctly. I am having trouble when trying to swap to different char. I have 3 char, one monitor atm. All i want to be able to do is use the ctrl key to swap char and the ctrl+alt to go in the other direction or at least assign keys yo each window both would (awsome). I like the current charater to be full screen I do not want to see the other just hit key to swap to the one to the new one. Any help would be great, thanks you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 am

Re: Swaping to different character

6 hours? You should have just asked a question like this, that's a 3 minute thing ;)

First, to set up your team and Window Layout, you just run the Quick Setup Wizard (or the Window Layout Wizard now if you want to use what you already made) and on the Window Layout style page, select Full Screen Stacked. That gets you the first half of what you asked for.

Secondly, you want to set Hotkeys for "Next window" and/or "Previous window" that are in the "Always On" key map. To do so:
1. In the top left pane, under Key Maps, select "Always On"
2. In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, select "Next window"
3. In the bottom right pane, at the very top, is a Hotkey option. Click the < button to configure the Hotkey
Repeat the same for "Previous window" if you want.

I would not suggest using Ctrl and Ctrl+Alt as the Hotkeys, definitely add in a non-modifier key. Using Ctrl alone to switch windows may prevent you from pressing, say, Ctrl+X.
<<

rayer

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Did what you say but, still not switch window. Do know if there matter the type of game i play in EQ1 when i launch up all 3 char at the login screen I am not able to switch between them.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Show me your configuration and I'll take a look.
<<

rayer

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Hope this what you mean.
Attachments
eq.xml
(60.56 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
<<

rayer

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Think i did correct if not let me know please will be checking back about every 10 min
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Well, you didn't do it the way I linked, but good enough. ;)

I have fixed a bug with the Next/Previous window hotkeys not working as configured, in ISBoxer version 40.0.0125.3, released as of now. To update to it, go to the Help menu in ISBoxer and select About ISBoxer Toolkit. It should give you an update link. After updating, do a new Export to Inner Space and launch the game again, and it should work as configured.
<<

rayer

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Even time i hit the update date button, it closes the program and I relaunch the isboxer go check and it has not updated the program. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled and still same problem. Current ver. it is stuck on is 39.2.1129.1 and tell latest ver. 40.0.0.0125.3
<<

rayer

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Not sure what changed but finally updated Woot :mrgreen:
<<

rayer

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks a lot for the help WOOT it work thanks again :P

Return to Window Layouts