FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dual Monitors, Different Sizes, Uses Lower Rez Mon only.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

aChallenged1

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Dual Monitors, Different Sizes, Uses Lower Rez Mon only.

I tried search, but this is a difficult one to find, if this question already exists.

I have a 1440x900 monitor that has recently become a secondary that I use for looking up info on ship builds, missions, etc. for EVE Online.

I have successfully managed to get my five right side slots and main window. It even opens up in the correct order on the correct screen. So I know I am doing something right. I did learn that much when I was using this for WOW a year ago. LOL And there ends my success story.

The problem seems to be that the wizard is forcing my setup to fit into a 1440x900 screen when it should be set up for a total resolution (minus bar at bottom) that is 1920x1080. Nothing I have tried seems to work. And if I try to totally remove the smaller screen from the set up I get an error and cannot save, so may as well quit and try again.

Now, I'm sure it is something simple, but my health has declined in the last year and I'm missing more things than I used to. So, I really need a good walk through. Whether on how to do it and get it right using the wizard, or doing it manually. Once I submit this, I am going to attempt to join chat and see what help can be had from there directly; I simply figured starting here would be best.

Lax, you've been great all these years with all the crazy, sometimes truly annoying (because to you they seem so simple) questions I've asked. You've always got my head back on straight and I'm thankful for that. I know you'll have an answer that makes me feel like a fool for even asking, because you'll make it seem so simple a fifth grader could have figured it out.

Thanks,
aC1
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Dual Monitors, Different Sizes, Uses Lower Rez Mon only.

When picking a Window Layout style in the wizard, you may need to change which monitor it is using as your primary monitor. It sounds like the problem you are having is just that it wants to use the wrong one as the main, not that it "wants to force your resolution to the size of your smaller monitor" ;)

So.. in the properties box when picking a Window Layout style, at the bottom, is an option called "Use monitors". Click on it. When you click on it, a "..." button will appear. Click the "..." button. This brings up an editor box that lets you change anything about what ISBoxer sees as your monitors. In this case, all you need to care about is that the order of the monitors in the list on the left, is the order they will be used by your Window Layout. The top one is going to be used as the "main" screen. You can move them around. Click on the one you want to move to the top, and then click the up arrow to move it. When you're done, click OK, then see the changes to the generated Window Layout styles.

This is also covered in MiRai's Window Layouts video
<<

aChallenged1

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Dual Monitors, Different Sizes, Uses Lower Rez Mon only.

Thanks, finally got it figured out. Even got to see a preview of how it will look when it loads up.

You are the man, Lax.

Now to search and find out why the ~ does not bring up it's menu. I'll probably figure that one out later. I'm just very tired/exhausted. Off to get some rest.
Thanks again.

Return to Window Layouts