FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Couple questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zbr

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Couple questions

hello all,
I'm new to multiboxing, and am loving it so far. Been toying around with various options and I have everything running almost the way i want it, just a couple things giving me trouble. I run up to 3 game instances concurrently in a simple single screen layout. There are 3 windows, large one on left that is main and two small windows on right. Main Region 1 is roaming and will swap to the vacated side region when I switch to either of the other accounts. Secondary regions only switch to main region through slot hotkey. I generally do little to no switching and depend on rollover zoom to work with the secondary windows.

A description of my problems is below, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Problem 1: When I try to alt-tab to another task, the isboxer windows stay on top. Work around so far is that I have to alt-tab to the desktop twice - the first time isboxer game windows still stay on top, but the second time isboxer windows minimize and I get to the desktop and then can switch to any other app i want. I would like Alt-tab to work as normal, the first time.

Problem 2: I keep my main in the large region almost all the time and I have enabled the rollover zoom effect to help me work with the secondary accounts. So, I roll over either of the side regions and it enlarges, just like I want. But I have a couple problems. If I click on the now larger(180% zoom) region I get one of two results. If the click is within the original non-zoomed region area of the monitor(the area occupied by the original non zoomed region), then the click applies in the window as it should but the zoom effect immediately shuts off and the region shrinks back down even though my cursor is still within that region. If I then mouseover the region again it will magnify and stay that way while I interact it with it indefinitely, which is exactly what I want. I just want this behavior from a single click on the window, rather than having to mouseover, click, move mouse off region, then click again to get the magnification to stay.

Problem 2A: As above, except...If I mouseover an inactive region it will zoom as described, but if I click on something within the zoomed region that is OUTSIDE of the dimensions originally occupied by that region unzoomed then the click is not registered with my target window. Since this click is outside the original dimensions of the this region(and my layout takes up my whole screen) this click results in either zooming in on the other secondary region or just switching back to my primary depending on whichr egion the mouse click happened to be overlapping.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Couple questions

The roll over zoom is intended to get a better view of what's happening on one of your secondary sessions and not something you would interact with. Instead, you might consider using the mouse repeater, or even the mouse focus which allows you to see the area around the mouse inside one of your other sessions. Take a look at these pages for some more information.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Mouse_broadcasting and http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX.
<<

zbr

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:18 pm

thanks for the quick response. I am familiar with the video feed options and do use broadcasting for some tasks. Bummer on the zoom piece. I still prefer my current setup, even with the extra click, over the other options. I find the zoom very convenient and like to keep my main in the active window all the time. Would've been nice if I could just click on it once and have it stay zoomed, but it works good enough as is compared to the other options.

any thoughts on my alt-tab issue?

thank you
<<

Xeniaz

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Ya, sorry about that. You can fix the alt tab issue by adjusting your Window Profile for that character set. On the Regions section of the window profile, look to the right hand side and change Always On Top Mode to either Off, or On, only if game window is in FG.
<<

zbr

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 pm

yup, I have tried that option and currently have it set to 'on, only if game window is in FG." If I set this to off then I no longer have this problem, but if I turn it on outright or conditionally this alt-tab issue presents itself.

Return to Window Layouts