FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MiRai - Session Indicators? how?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rhand

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:14 am

MiRai - Session Indicators? how?

MiRai in your YouTube videos you have session indicators in the upper left corner of the screens ... how do you configure that? For reference, at about 2 minutes in this video you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4F4VyAD ... playnext=1
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: MiRai - Session Indicators? how?

They're Click Bars with numbers that are assigned individually to the characters themselves instead of the Character Set.
<<

Rhand

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Any chance I could get you to post a screenshot of one of them? I'll tinker around with it to get it setup but it would be great to have something to work from as an example.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:31 am

I'm not exactly sure what you specifically want a screen shot of.

1. Create a new Click Bar
2. Re-size the cell (box) to your liking
3. Enter the number you want into the empty text field
4. Choose the font, size, and color of the text
5. Drag your newly created Click Bar to the character you'd like
<<

Rhand

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:40 am

I'm assuming since the click bar is assigned to the character that it could be innacurate if that character is used in more than one group for example:

1) Character set A has Shaman 1 in slot 1 of a 5 shaman team and is assigned a click bar indicator of 1 because he's in slot 1 in that group.

2) Character set B has Shaman 1 in slot 5 of a Pally + 4 Shaman team and he would still have a indicator of 1 assigned due to the cilck bar.

Can click bars be assigned as part of a setup command maybe? I have a group setup action and associated click bar button for my teams, maybe slot indicators could be assigned at that point? Will have to look into it, thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Rhand wrote:I'm assuming since the click bar is assigned to the character that it could be innacurate if that character is used in more than one group for example:

1) Character set A has Shaman 1 in slot 1 of a 5 shaman team and is assigned a click bar indicator of 1 because he's in slot 1 in that group.

2) Character set B has Shaman 1 in slot 5 of a Pally + 4 Shaman team and he would still have a indicator of 1 assigned due to the cilck bar.

Yes, there can be times when it's not 100% accurate and that's why I use it for demonstration purposes only in my videos. However,
how many times does someone have different characters spread out in different slots of their character sets? My guess would be
almost never. If someone only has 5 accounts you can't swap around characters in different character sets and keep a full 5 man
team. In your example above, why would Shaman 1 move to slot 5 of another character set? Which account does that Paladin
come from? I would assume you'd have to not use Shaman 1 if you were going to use Paladin 1 because they'd be on the same
account. If the Paladin came from another account besides the first I don't see why you would move Shaman 1 out of Slot 1, I
would just drive the team with the Paladin's game window (which doesn't have to be slot 1); although, I agree it could be
distracting seeing a different number other than '1' on the screen you would normally be driving from.

Rhand wrote:Can click bars be assigned as part of a setup command maybe? I have a group setup action and associated click bar button for my teams, maybe slot indicators could be assigned at that point? Will have to look into it, thanks!

Lax would have to add some sort of built-in overlay support to Inner Space in order to have dynamic slot numbers. As for being
part of a setup command I'm not sure.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Are you kidding me ;)

All you need is a mapped key with Click Bar State Actions. Enable click bar 1 on Slot 1, click bar 2 on Slot 2, etc. Welcome to ISBoxer fellas :)

(p.s. this was directed at MiRai)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 pm

lax wrote:Are you kidding me ;)

All you need is a mapped key with Click Bar State Actions. Enable click bar 1 on Slot 1, click bar 2 on Slot 2, etc. Welcome to ISBoxer fellas :)

(p.s. this was directed at MiRai)

This would obviously require much more work (for the user) than having the IS session number be a toggle-able overlay with a keyboard shortcut.
<<

Rhand

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Okay got it working, followed your advice on this Lax and this is what I came up with ...

Mapped Key with a Click Bar set to Toggle on each slot
Key Bind.PNG
In game slot indicators turned on
Key Bind.PNG (35.27 KiB) Viewed 11892 times

Click bar for each slot
Slot Click Bar.PNG
Slot Click Bar.PNG (10.72 KiB) Viewed 11892 times

and one button on each slot for the slot indicator
Button.PNG
Button.PNG (15.84 KiB) Viewed 11892 times
<<

Rhand