FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows aren't swapping

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Agent0013

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 am

Windows aren't swapping

I recently reloaded my computer and saved my old settings from ISBoxer. Now, for some reason window swapping doesn't work at all on any of my character sets. I've tried changing the hotkeys, I even cleared ISBoxer to original defaults and tried again with no luck. I reinstalled the ISBoxer/Innerspace package again and it still doesn't work! I've looked through everything I can think of to possibly remedy this situation, but all the settings say that it should still work! Everything else seems to be running well enough, just this one problem. Has anyone else run into this before or have suggestions? It's driving me up the wall!

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:06 am

Re: Windows aren't swapping

If you did a clean install, ran the Quick Setup Wizard, and selected a layout that includes swapping, it should work fine. Can you show me your config? There's a sticky at the top of the forums "How to share your configuration" which will help me answer your question.
<<

Agent0013

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 am

http://www.privatepaste.com/92e0e9e8ec

Here you go! I've always used Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping) for three character teams, modifying only the preferred edge.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 am

Your layouts look fine. Let's be clear, is this your page up/down keys that aren't working? There was an issue in a recent ISBoxer build where the next/previous window hotkeys wouldn't work. Check Help->About and see what version it says you have for me (it'll also say if it thinks there is an update)
<<

Agent0013

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:25 am

The keys I had bound were Page Up/Down, but if I switched them to other keys, the functionality still wasn't there.

I'm using V 39.1.818.1. It says it's the latest version, and the combo installer for ISBoxer/Innerspace was downloaded via the link on the ISBoxer page yesterday.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Okay. The Hotkey you configure on Next/Previous window is kind of irrelevant to this bug, the bug is or was with the Mapped Key itself.

Do the windows swap if you click on other game windows, or alt+tab between them?
<<

Agent0013

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Yes, I can both alt+tab or click between them.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Okay. Thanks for the information, I will see if I can reproduce your issue with the current versions of ISBoxer and Inner Space. I apologize I'm out of town at the moment and don't have my testing PCs handy. To my knowledge the bug should be fixed. Something you can try in the meantime is to go to the Next window and Previous window mapped keys (where you set the hotkeys) and in step 1, set the filter target for the action to "Window: All w/ Current"

Return to Window Layouts