FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Slave window moving and becoming dark

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Darm

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Slave window moving and becoming dark

I'm not sure if this is a Windows Layout issue or particular to the game I'm playing (DAOC).

The issue -- I have 3 slave windows on a separate PC or monitor. Those slave windows are aligned alongst the bottom. Everything works great for about 30 mins or so, swapping works fine etc. But after 30 minutes, the middle slave window when it is selected (and it's always the middle slave window) will do two things:

a) it will relocate itself to the top left screen (remaining as a small window) and not become the size of the large focus window
b) it will become completely black

It isn't disconnected or linkdead. If I relaunch the character set from the innerspace icon, this will reset everything, but this will only last perhaps a few minutes, and the same issue will recur.

Thanks for the help!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 am

Re: Slave window moving and becoming dark

Show me your configuration (see the "How to share your configuration" sticky) and that might help me figure out what's going on.

Generally though, ISBoxer is only going to do a full reset on the window when you switch to it if the game resolution does not match what the resolution is supposed to be according to your Window Layout. For DAOC, ISBoxer can't pick the game's resolution for you. So it could be that. Running the game in a different fullscreen vs windowed mode setting may mitigate the problem as well.
<<

Darm

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Slave window moving and becoming dark

Thanks for the response, Lax!

I don't want to waste any of your time with something that I think is not a ISBoxer issue. Since I made that post, I changed the UI I was using from a custom UI to the default, and haven't had any problem for several hours now. I've been doing some browsing on the DAOC forums and it seems there is something about the custom UIs that tend to generate memory leaks and bad behavior from the game follows. So, unless the problem pops up again with the default UI, then I think the problem can be safely characterized as something non-ISboxer related. So, I won't waste your time by having you look at my profile. Thank you for the help!

Return to Window Layouts