FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

4 alternate windows not the correct size

Moderator: MiRai

<<

CptKirk

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:09 pm

4 alternate windows not the correct size

I've got a 5 char screen setup with a main and 4 stacked vertically on the right hand side.

When I shift-alt-r to get the mouse cursor on all windows the main windows size is off just enough that the mouse cursor does not match up on any of the 4 alternate windows. The 4 alt windows are all sized the same.

Any ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: 4 alternate windows not the correct size

If you have Instant Swap disabled, your smaller windows are most likely actually in different resolutions than the main screen, which is why mouse broadcasting isn't going to match up.

There are a couple ways of dealing with this:

First, there is a drop-down in your Repeater Profile that can be set to "Scale to Fit". This will make it so when the mouse is in the lower right corner of your main window, it's also in the lower right corner of the "alt" windows. However, that doesn't mean that things are actually going to line up in the game -- more likely than not, they wont.

Secondly, the best way to get things to perfectly line up... is to make sure the game windows are all in the same resolution. The easiest way to do this is to enable "Use Instant window swapping" in your Window Layout. They will be scaled down to size, so you probably won't be able to read everything in it.
<<

CptKirk

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions) is checked by default.

I had already seen that under Windows Layouts.

So that isn't it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:51 pm

To continue with this I will need to see your configuration. See the sticky at the top of each forum called "How to share your configuration" for how to do that
<<

CptKirk

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:48 am

I got it working. For some reason the primarily windows was starting at 1384x988 and the 4 alt's were at 1680x1050.

I just changed the video of the primary to match the alts. Then closed all off them and restart them again.

They are all at 1680x1050 now and the mouse is tracking correctly.

Return to Window Layouts