FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I get one screen with main window and 5 slaves mini

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SaraiE

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:31 pm

How do I get one screen with main window and 5 slaves mini

Hello,
ISboxer 38 is confusing to me. In ISB 37, there was an option to set my layout to be main + 5 mini-window on the Right side of it (one of the mini becomes black/blank, when not in use). In ISB 38, I cannot do this, I only get main, and 5 mini-at the bottom. The problem I also have is, which i swap, in two of the five, i cannot see my mouse cursor, when slot 4 is swapped to be main, my mouse cursor is missing on this swapped main.
I am using one monitor, I have two, but I want all windows to be in one.
The choice i chose is: display 1, with five mini at the bottom and a void or whatever you call it ( mini is number slot 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Can you please assist? I missed the version 37 layout so much! can you show me how I get the v37 layout with v38?

Thanks!
SaraiE
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:57 am

Re: How do I get one screen with main window and 5 slaves mini

ummm.. All you do is run the Window Layout Wizard for your team (or during the Quick Setup Wizard), and set the Preferred edge option to "Right" instead of "Bottom". Then the same single monitor option in the drop-down box that had them on the bottom, will have them on the right.

The problem I also have is, which i swap, in two of the five, i cannot see my mouse cursor, when slot 4 is swapped to be main, my mouse cursor is missing on this swapped main.

There's a few cases where the cursor gets lost, where the "fix" is to just swap through each of the windows. I'm not aware of any cases where it just wont show up at all in WoW after doing that -- unless the hardware cursor option is disabled in the game.
<<

SaraiE

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:03 am

Lax,
I solved one of the two problems.
I have my five mini-windows on the right side now. but I still cannot get one mini-window to show the cursor when I do the swap. I swapped multiple times to get the cursor to come up, but was not successful. Where is the hardware cursor in the game, so I can enable it?

SaraiE
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:17 am

SaraiE wrote:Where is the hardware cursor in the game, so I can enable it?

It is enabled by default unless you've disabled it manually. It is located under your Advanced settings.
<<

SaraiE

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Okay, I made sure that the mouse hardware is enable on all windows, but I am still getting missing cursor pointer randomly, either in slave's window or on main window. Switching to other windows don't help. The only way is to close out all windows and restart/launch isboxer again. But then after a while, 5 minutes to 10 minutes, the error comes back, randomly (i don't know which windows until it happens again).
/Sigh
Any other tips?

Thanks,

SaraiE
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:50 am

Have you updated video drivers recently?

Is this on DirectX 11 or DirectX 9 mode? Have you considered switching to 11, if you have not yet?

Return to Window Layouts