FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

6 windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Slimez

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:57 pm

6 windows

I assume this is the same for any game that is running 6 instances... (this question was asked before with no answer)

I am running 6 instances in EQ... I use 2 screens
1st screen: 1 Instance, my main, using full screen
2nd screen: 5 instances, all my other toons

the problem is, on screen 2, it has all 5 instances at the very bottom of the screen. you can barely see them.

Can anyone recommend a solution so screen 2 has 5 instances all equally proportioned to the screen?

---- or, is it possible to run two clients, one in front of the other, on my main screen and then have 4 on screen 2?

Let me know, thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: 6 windows

I assume this is the same for any game that is running 6 instances... (this question was asked before with no answer)

Link? I hate it when people say shit like that and don't give a source to what they were talking about.

Can anyone recommend a solution so screen 2 has 5 instances all equally proportioned to the screen?

---- or, is it possible to run two clients, one in front of the other, on my main screen and then have 4 on screen 2?

You can set them up however you like them to be, this is what Window Layouts are for.

So first of all I'm going to assume that you're using Windows XP because you didn't mention a reason why your windows are at the bottom of screen 2, and I can't imagine you purposefully disabled Cross-monitor Swapping during the wizard and then came here to ask this question. On Windows XP, you are stuck with the problem where moving a window from one screen to the other is going to significantly hurt your performance (Framerate; FPS). Therefore, the Window Layout generator forces Cross-monitor Swapping to be disabled (so that ISBoxer does not swap a window from screen 2 onto screen 1 and destroy your FPS for you). What this means is that any parts of the Window Layouts that get generated for screen 2 are going to be identical to what would be generated for a single monitor, just on that particular screen. If you had one monitor, you would probably have 1 big window, and then 5 windows lined up underneath it. This is what you are seeing on monitor 2. Selecting a window on monitor 2 should bring it to a larger size.

So there's the explanation of why this is how it is with the layout you selected from the Wizard, and why the other styles don't suit your fancy. The better styles are designed for cross-monitor swapping and you're going to need Vista or later for that. (preferably Windows 7)

As far as setting up 5 instances equally portioned, no. You aren't going to find a way to do that without having 5 strips instead of 5 game windows.

Yes.

In the Window Layout generator (during either the Quick Setup, or Window Layout wizards...), the bottom part of the Properties pane has a Swap Groups setting, which sounds like it is defaulting to 1 in group 1, and 5 in group 2. Change it to 2 in group 1, and 4 in group 2. Not entirely sure what you want by "one in front of the other" but you would make this particular change in the Regions page of your Window Layout after creating it.
<<

Slimez

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: 6 windows

lax wrote:I assume this is the same for any game that is running 6 instances... (this question was asked before with no answer)

Link? I hate it when people say shit like that and don't give a source to what they were talking about.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1285

Return to Window Layouts