FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dual monitor - character swapping Setup help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nw8888

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 am

Dual monitor - character swapping Setup help

Hi
I have looked through this forum and found similar issues but cannot get my setup to work correctly.
ISBoxer/Innerspace 38
I am running windows 7 with dual monitors and play 2 eq accounts.

I would like to have account #1 windowed on the primary monitor and account #2 on the second monitor.

I will normally play in this configuration.

The thing that I cannot get working is I would like to be able have a Hotkey that causes the 2 accounts (characters) to swap positions ie Account #2 is now on the primary monitor and Account #1 is on the second monitor so that when I am playing in a situation that requires more focus with the character on account #2 it is on my primary screen.

I have been able to get the accounts working on separate monitors but have been unable to have them swap seamlessly.

Thank you for any suggestions.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Re: Dual monitor - character swapping Setup help

It would help to have your config as a reference here, but the simplest way to set that up for 2 characters is to select your Window Layout in the top pane, then in the bottom right set the drop-down box at the top to the "Swap Hotkey" option, then set a Swap Hotkey. The Swap Hotkey will move the CURRENT WINDOW (the window you push the hotkey in) to the main spot.

With the drop-down set like this, you can also enable "Focus game windows via mouse without clicking (Focus follows mouse)", in the same page. This makes interacting with the two windows pretty seamless -- just mouse over to one of the windows and you can immediately type, click, use isboxer hotkeys (such as the swap hotkey), etc without having to click on it first.
<<

nw8888

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I was able to get the swapping functionallity to work after reading some more posts that mentioned version 38. This got me to remove all files, redownloaded 38 and reinstalled it.

Then I selected
Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Maintain Aspect,Avoid Taskbar)
Selected Cross-monitor swapping
Once that was applied I went into the Windows Layout that I created and
changed the setting to swap Hot Character to main region to only when I press the Swap Hotkey.
and selected a hotkey.

The only issue I need to resolve is on the monitor with the taskbar it cuts off the top of my EQ window i.e. the top of the internal windows in EQ that are located on the top of the screen are cut off so I cannot move them. The window on the second monitor takes up the full screen without any Windows borders so I see them fine.

I need to see if it can be scaled or resized to avoid this?

Also, I have EQ set to not be in Full Screen mode although the displayed EQ screens have no Windows borders. Is ISBoxer treating the game as being in full screen mode?
Where do ISBoxer get the size of the displayed EQ window?

Once I know this I believe I can adjust these settings.

Thanks again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:39 am

ISBoxer removes the borders because they are useless and take up extra space that we could find uses for, since the Window Layout should already be configured the way you want it. In this case, it is not how you want it.

In the top pane select your Window Layout, then in the bottom left pane click on Regions. In this page you can click and drag the regions where you want them, or adjust the numbers in the properties pane on the right. Export when you're done
<<

Cylur

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Once you clicked on a region to go full screen, how do you set that region to go back to its original position?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Cylur wrote:Once you clicked on a region to go full screen, how do you set that region to go back to its original position?

In order to answer your question, I need some context. Specifically, your configuration. See the sticky "How to share your configuration" at the top of each forum. Also, a new thread probably would have been good ;) I don't really know what you're trying to ask.

Return to Window Layouts