FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to toggle off window swapping when clicking in slave win

Moderator: MiRai

<<

zenga

Post Wed May 11, 2011 3:20 pm

How to toggle off window swapping when clicking in slave win

Hey,

I've asked this question a few times, but despite the advice given I still run into the same issue.

Consider screen A to be my main/lead full size window
Consider screen BCDE to be my alts, resized windows.

Now whenever I click on an alt (BCDE) window, this one swaps with A, and becomes the new lead/maximized window. I want the window swapping only to occur when I actually press the assigned hotkey. So I can quickly click to use a for example consumable without it always causing a windows swap: i.e. when i click on an alt his window, I want it to remain in place.

I've toggle the 'when i switch to this char and only when I use the above hotkey', as someone advised me to do, but the swapping remains.

Any advice appreciated.

cheers
zenga
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: How to toggle off window swapping when clicking in slave win

I've toggle the 'when i switch to this char and only when I use the above hotkey', as someone advised me to do, but the swapping remains.

The only thing that affects is the broadcasting of a keystroke or executing a mapped key as assigned in your Character Set (by default, it sets your Jamba Master).

Swapping is controlled by your Window Layout. Select your Window Layout in the top pane, and then immediately at the top of the bottom right pane is the drop-down box you are looking for -- "Swap Hot Character to main region _______________________". By default, it is set to "Always, for game windows" which means any time one of the ISBoxer game windows is activated. You want "only when I press a Slot activate hotkey". After changing this to not be one that includes "Always" any mouse clicks will no longer swap the windows around.

Also at that point, the "focus follows mouse" check box becomes available. If you don't want that, you may need to set the drop-down box below it to "ignore the click". You will know to use "ignore the click" if you are clicking on a game window to focus it, and the game interprets the focus click incorrectly. (e.g. the game may adjust the camera when you click the game, which is not desired behavior. to fix that, either have it ignore the click, or enable focus follows mouse!)

Return to Window Layouts