FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Min'ing and Max'ing non-game windows causing odd behavior.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ranger

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Min'ing and Max'ing non-game windows causing odd behavior.

I have just started my 7 day trial and it is definitely looking like I will be subscribing.

However, I am noticing some very odd behavior. I have two monitors (same size) with one monitor being one large region and the right hand side of the other containing three smaller regions for my three characters. The rest of that monitor I use for doing other things.

I have noticed that when I minimize certain programs (Firefox, Thunderbird among others) or launch certain programs (ironically, the isboxer toolkit), it cycles which character has the focus... which is pretty annoying as it could cause me to loose track of what I am watching in game.

XML file:
http://www.privatepaste.com/2608fbf979

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, running EVE-Online.

Any clue why this would be behaving this way, and more importantly how to stop it?

Thanks!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: Min'ing and Max'ing non-game windows causing odd behavior.

Lax could probably give you a definitive explanation... but for now, is ISBoxer, under your Character Set, try turning on "Make game believe it is foreground window". Might not work but won't hurt to try.
<<

ranger

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Alge wrote:Lax could probably give you a definitive explanation... but for now, is ISBoxer, under your Character Set, try turning on "Make game believe it is foreground window". Might not work but won't hurt to try.

Didn't help but probably not a bad setting to have anyway. Any other ideas?
<<

tanker

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm

I have seen strange (similiar?) behavior with Win7/Aero and Isboxer. My setup is: Active on Display1, four slaves on Display 2. If I Alt-Tab to Chrome, Aero does funky stuff to the game windows (hiding some, moving others), sometimes even hiding all of them. If it hides all of them, nothing I can do will bring them back to the foreground.

My suggestion would be to disble the Aero interface (only if you aren't using video feeds) and see if it fixes the problem. Otherwise, document the exact sequence of keystrokes required to bug the system out for Lax to attempt to debug it. I haven't done this yet, cuz I've been single-boxing Aion recently.
<<

ranger

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:43 pm

tanker wrote:I have seen strange (similiar?) behavior with Win7/Aero and Isboxer. My setup is: Active on Display1, four slaves on Display 2. If I Alt-Tab to Chrome, Aero does funky stuff to the game windows (hiding some, moving others), sometimes even hiding all of them. If it hides all of them, nothing I can do will bring them back to the foreground.

My suggestion would be to disble the Aero interface (only if you aren't using video feeds) and see if it fixes the problem. Otherwise, document the exact sequence of keystrokes required to bug the system out for Lax to attempt to debug it. I haven't done this yet, cuz I've been single-boxing Aion recently.

Hmm that did the trick thanks!
Too bad Aero and ISBoxer are tripping over each other esp when some features rely on it... luckily I haven't bothered to play with video feeds much yet :)
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 pm

It may be worth trying to disable some of the features of Aero rather than the whole thing. Take a look at http://www.guidingtech.com/5548/quicklu ... windows-7/

EDIT: I think there is also a hotkey, Windows Key + Shift + M, to maximize all windows. It might work...

Return to Window Layouts