FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WOW] New User 5 Windows only Stack

Moderator: MiRai

<<

esp123

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 pm

[WOW] New User 5 Windows only Stack

I have worked a bit with the software, watched the video and read other posts. I have 5 characters on accounts all connected to same Battle.net. I have Windows 7 32-bit, with 2 monitors running 1600x1050
The software sees everything and allows me several 2-monitor configurations, but none work. I have refreshed, created computer, connected computer to Character sets... It will launch all 5 WOW windows stacked and I expect them to reposition and size according to the layout from the wizard.

I export each time. I have ensured I have the latest version of IsBoxer and InnerSpace running. I have tried fullscreen and window video modes in the wow screens, saved and restarted.

I suspect this is one of those "make sure you check this box" or "make sure on windows 7 to set ___ " Any assistance will be appreciated. I cant wait to get these rolling.

Thanks,

Erik
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: [WOW] New User 5 Windows only Stack

I suspect this is one of those "make sure you check this box" or "make sure on windows 7 to set ___ " Any assistance will be appreciated. I cant wait to get these rolling.

Umm well assuming you selected a Window Layout during the Quick Setup Wizard, made no changes and then Exported and launched your team, then no it's probably not one of those things. The wizard's job is to make sure that if there is one of those "make sure you check this box" or "make sure on windows 7 to set ___" that it's done for you.

I need to see your ISBoxer config in order to diagnose your issue. See the sticky post "How to share your configuration" for how to show it to me safely.
<<

esp123

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Ok, I will do that in a couple hours when I get home. I really appreciate the fast reply.

Any chance this could have something to do with the need to run anything "as administrator"?

I have tried both making changes and not making changes, exporting and with no difference in behavior. Regardless, I will post the config later.
<<

esp123

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:15 pm

<<

esp123

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:09 pm

I began leveling the 4 toons with the windows stacked and got used to interacting with quest givers, looting, etc. Even without the windows properly placed, it is very cool stuff. I havent even scratched the surface of functionality and am already impressed.

Thanks in advance for the help

Erik
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Hmmm.. your window layout looks correct. I can't say I've heard of this issue happening to anyone in a while. In the past, the issue was related to the game "maximizing" the window, which forced the window into its "maximized" position -- on a specific monitor. It could potentially still be related to that setting, but I'm not sure if WoW still keeps a maximize setting for the windowed mode. I imagine if you inspect your character-specific Config.WTF files, it would have to show up in there.

If that's not it, then the in-game Inner Space Console might have something of interest to say about your Window Layout. See http://isboxer.com/wiki/Console for how to open up that console (and how to copy and paste from it if you want to show me something from it)
<<

esp123

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:32 pm

I tried it a few times and the console does not show any failures, just launching and success. I dont have the log in front of me, but it showed essentially "Launching Char 1" "Char 1 Successful" Char 2... Etc. Is there a Verbose mode maybe?

It is still usable with the stacked windows but its kind of a bummer. They are locked in position and I can only Alt-Tab to them. Is there a way to maintain most of the functionality but maybe able to manually move/size them? I realize mouse broadcasting wont work if I do it but I pretty much never use that at this time (low levels, no healing).

Thanks again for the development and support.

Erik

Return to Window Layouts