[Rift] Two Monitor Mouslook not usable

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Daemonius

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 pm

[Rift] Two Monitor Mouslook not usable

Hello,

The Problem:
When I swap a slave character into region 1, mouselook/stearing is completely borked, and is jerky and unusable. Let me describe the setup to help you understand.

5 accounts, one fairly high end machine, 2 monitors. I have left screen being the Focus, and the other monitor retaining the background 4 slaves, which in turn are swapped to the main screen (region 1) via hotkey(fairly standard stuff, and is an option on the isboxer wizard).

In terms of 'character one'...I can right click, look around, and direct them as normal. This has also been true with WoW and there was no issue. The slaves however, when swapped into 'region one', the rightclick/mouselook is jerky, and unplayable. FPS are staandard throughout, and keyboard turning does not produce this issue. It's double-y annoying, that I can pan the mouse over to the right, slave bearing monitor, right click within the tiny slave region, and rightclick/mouse turn normally as well.

This issue does not occur when I run all the accounts on one screen either. It only occurs with my preferred setup of 2 monitors. Unfortunately, the view with only 1 monitor is smooshed and much to be desired or I would just play that way.

Anyone seen this and troubleshot it before?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: [Rift] Two Monitor Mouslook not usable

This guide might explain it for you. Sounds to me like you are either on Windows XP, or the monitors are powered by different video cards. When you run the wizard next time, you want a Window Layout with "Cross-monitor swapping" disabled (under the multiple monitor category in the bottom right, during the wizard) in order to avoid this problem.

Return to Window Layouts