Window Region Not Staying on Top

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bunker

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Window Region Not Staying on Top

I have 2 regions defined on one monitor:

Region 1: Full-res window - Always On Top : Off
Region 2: Small window that overlaps region 1 - Always On Top : On, if a game window...

This works beautifully when the main window layout setting, 'Swap Hot Character to main region' is set to 'Always, for game windows'. I can click in the smaller region and flip back and forth between the two regions. The smaller region always stays on top when I am playing. When I alt-tab to a browser, both regions drop to the background.

I wanted to change my layout so that I could interact (click) in the smaller window without bringing it to the large region. I changed the 'Swap Hot Character...' setting to 'Only when I press the Swap Hotkey'. I defined a Swap Hotkey and left the other settings unchanged. Now, I can interact in the small window but when the window focus goes back to the large region, the small region drops behind the larger one. To test, instead of 'Always on Top' being set to 'On, if a game window..', I changed it to 'Always' be on top and that works. Obviously, the problem with that is the window stays on top even when I alt-tab out of the game. Is this a bug or have I set it up incorrectly? Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: Window Region Not Staying on Top

It's a bug that I was aware would get reported sooner or later. I'll check it out tomorrow :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 am

ISBoxer 38.2.313.1 should fix this issue with Always On Top set to 'On, if a game window is foreground' not always updating

You can check if you have this version from the About window in ISBoxer's Help menu. (well, you don't right now obviously, but for anyone else and for future reference...) If you do not have the About window, you don't have the newest version and it can be downloaded from http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/mod ... ite.38.exe. 38.2.312.1 and later versions of ISBoxer have a version check and download button directly in the About window. (The "About ISBoxer Releases" post explains the new version numbering system and when updates are pushed or not)
<<

Bunker

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Thank you. Got it and working well. Talk about some prompt service! :D

Next project for me, video feeds !

Return to Window Layouts