FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Run only one screen at the time

Moderator: MiRai

<<

brusim

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:28 am

Run only one screen at the time

Hi,

I would like to confirm if there's any possibility to run the different character windows individually instead of having to run all.

In my case, I have 5 character windows and sometimes I just want to load one (or one more) of them but I need to run the full team again because I can't find a way to select just one.

If I create a different character set with only one character (or two) than I no longer can run the others if I need to play the whole team again.

I know that in another boxing software we can actually select the window we want to run so I can only expect that we can do it in ISBoxer too.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:07 am

Re: Run only one screen at the time

ISBoxer doesn't currently support launching a partial character set or individual characters past the character set. When Joe Multiboxer comes out (should be later this year), this should all be pretty simple to do.

In the meantime if you only want to run the first few of a Character Set, you can technically cheat and stop it from launching the rest. Open up the Console in the main IS window -- to do so, right click IS and select Console. Launch your team, but in the console window type out "end isboxer" with no quotes, and hit enter after it has launched only the ones you want. Then minimize the main IS window and play ;)
<<

brusim

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:56 am

Thank you Iax. Looking forward to Joe Multiboxer ;)
<<

DeathhandISB

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:12 am

I also want to load just one screen. For some reason i had 1 wow screen crash so I want to reload it. If I am in a battleground or Arena I don't want to have to lose a player because I can't quickly reload his screen.
When I used hotkeynet i could load a screen individually and rename it.
If I was to load a screen at the same coordinates that the ISboxer screen should be and rename it to the ISboxer screen name, would it work still ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:43 am

If one of your windows crashes and you want to reload it, just launch your Character Set again and it will fill in any missing windows.
<<

skwert

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:35 am

I'm having a somewhat similar issue with a single window. I haven't played WoW for about 6 months, so I just updated IS/ISBoxer. I had an old layout which had one window and a second small region for when the game wasn't active. When I alt-tab out of WoW, it would go into the small region before. Now, it just stays in the big window, behind my web browser or whatever else I'm doing. Is this some Cataclysm side-effect, or am I doing it wrong? ISBoxer is checked for "region 2 is used for when 1 is inactive."
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:50 am

skwert wrote:I'm having a somewhat similar issue with a single window. I haven't played WoW for about 6 months, so I just updated IS/ISBoxer. I had an old layout which had one window and a second small region for when the game wasn't active. When I alt-tab out of WoW, it would go into the small region before. Now, it just stays in the big window, behind my web browser or whatever else I'm doing. Is this some Cataclysm side-effect, or am I doing it wrong? ISBoxer is checked for "region 2 is used for when 1 is inactive."

Other than talking about single window, completely unrelated ;)

If you want your one and only window to swap between the two regions, go into your Window Layout's main options page and uncheck "only deactivate for game windows" at the top of the right pane

Return to Window Layouts