FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Having an issue with my Windows... (WoW)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kayanite

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Having an issue with my Windows... (WoW)

Ok, hope this site was ok to use. The one suggested to use in the sticky is no longer a valid site. Profile @ http://pasted.co/1b563fe5

Issue I'm having is while swapping windows with my hot key (~), either Region 2 or 3 will occasionally not be shown. Typically happens with my account that's set by default load in Region 1 spot when swapping it to the Region 2 spot. Upon swapping characters again, Region 2 is then visible again until it comes around to that account going up there. Doesn't 100% do it, but happens more often than not. Some times Region 3 will be the culprit instead of 2, but usually 2 that it happens in.

I'm also having an issue where it's a crap shoot that this happens, like 30% of the time. If I left click the Region to make it swap to Region 1, both 2 and 3 will disappear while it doesn't swap. The same character/account stays in Region 1 and the other 2 regions don't show back up until I click some where in Region 1.

Both of these issues occurred when I was only using 2 accounts too, just recently started doing 3. Both Region 2 and 3 have the same settings, so as far as I can tell, so neither should behave any different than the other.

Also curious if it's possible to have Region2/3 always stay on top of Region 1 and be visible upon going to my other monitor? Right now they both disappear while 1 stays active. I've tried messing with settings and looking around, but can't figure out how to do it if it's possible.

Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated. And sure I'm going to be pointed to some FAQ that I over looked once again on how to resolve and/or accomplish what I'm asking. :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Re: Having an issue with my Windows... (WoW)

I'm going to pretend this is the DK3 character set, because stuffed if I know which one you are on about, and it matters.

kayanite wrote:Ok, hope this site was ok to use. The one suggested to use in the sticky is no longer a valid site. Profile @ http://pasted.co/1b563fe5
Kinda. Unfortunately a CTRL+A on this site adds a "special" character at the beginning which invalidates the XML, so new players will need to paste into NotePad or something, remove that "special" character and then try and paste back into ISBoxer. http://pastebin.com is okay, among others. I did point out in IRC that the sticky needs updating...... someone will take notice one day.

kayanite wrote:Issue I'm having is while swapping windows with my hot key (~), either Region 2 or 3 will occasionally not be shown. Typically happens with my account that's set by default load in Region 1 spot when swapping it to the Region 2 spot. Upon swapping characters again, Region 2 is then visible again until it comes around to that account going up there. Doesn't 100% do it, but happens more often than not. Some times Region 3 will be the culprit instead of 2, but usually 2 that it happens in.

I'm also having an issue where it's a crap shoot that this happens, like 30% of the time. If I left click the Region to make it swap to Region 1, both 2 and 3 will disappear while it doesn't swap. The same character/account stays in Region 1 and the other 2 regions don't show back up until I click some where in Region 1.

Both of these issues occurred when I was only using 2 accounts too, just recently started doing 3. Both Region 2 and 3 have the same settings, so as far as I can tell, so neither should behave any different than the other.
No eyed ear.
Jokes aside, you could try
1. setting the Target of the Next Window mapped key to "@((is1,is2,is3,is4,is5,is6,is7,is8,is9,is10,is11,is12,is13,is14,is15,is16,is17,is18,is19,is20,is21,is22,is23,is24,is25)&isboxer&~dxnothing)". The @ at the beginning will force ordering. Not that I think this will help the issue as described. It was the first thing that came into my head. Now that I've re-read your actual issue, I think this is not the solution, but rather 2 or 3.
2. Setting the regions 2 and 3 (in the 3 Way window layout) to Always On Top = "On", rather than "On when a Game window is active".
3. Not have your active window overlaying the same space as regions 2 and 3. While Always On Top is a cool setting, sometimes Windows just kinda of says, "nope, too bad, the Active window is the on the top biatch". Its a Windows things.

kayanite wrote:Also curious if it's possible to have Region2/3 always stay on top of Region 1 and be visible upon going to my other monitor? Right now they both disappear while 1 stays active. I've tried messing with settings and looking around, but can't figure out how to do it if it's possible.
I covered this with point 2 above.

Of note, you should probably have regions 2 and 3 at 220x138, rather than 220x100. Currently 220x100 (11:5) is not the same aspect ratio as 1680x1050 (8:5), so that would screw with mouse broadcasting. Maybe that matters little to you. On the other hand, if it does, you should definitely attempt to keep the smaller windows the same aspect ratio as the larger window.

p.s. I've consumed copious amounts of vodka prior to posting this, so it may be incoherent ramblings and contain some errors.
<<

kayanite

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:28 pm

I tried pastebin, said it was too large for even registered/paid users or something of the sort. Why I looked else where. Sorry. :(

Character set is DK3, but the layout I'm using was "3 Way", which is what you're actually talking about later it sounds like. And thanks, I'll correct the ratios. Hasn't really been an issue, at least that I know of. But, better safe than sorry. :)

And haha. I actually did the "Always on top", but my problem was I always did the same with Region 1, which made the other 2 not visible because of it (DUH!). Didn't think til now and your post, not to do that. At least you consumed vodka and have an excuse if anything you said was in error. :p

Not 100% sure if something you suggested was in response to the first inquiry, other than maybe the "it being a Windows thing". So, sorry if you did and I just don't understand. But, here's an image (and I should have done this in the first place) of what I'm talking about...
Attachments
Screenshot_2.jpg
Correct
Screenshot_2.jpg (26.06 KiB) Viewed 8764 times
Screenshot_1.jpg
MIA
Screenshot_1.jpg (35.98 KiB) Viewed 8764 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:47 am

kayanite wrote:I tried pastebin, said it was too large for even registered/paid users or something of the sort. Why I looked else where. Sorry. :(
np really. Just one of those things, that if people have to try and figure out why the profile wont paste, then they may not look into it. One day we will get a Lavishsoft paste site.

kayanite wrote:Not 100% sure if something you suggested was in response to the first inquiry, other than maybe the "it being a Windows thing". So, sorry if you did and I just don't understand. But, here's an image (and I should have done this in the first place) of what I'm talking about...
I guessed that this is what you meant. It might be that when switching the combination of shifting the game windows around and the different Always On Top settings, and the order they are being applied, the time given to each window, and which has the active focus at the time, is not working, and your end result is the last window to be activated/focused just wins the race. It is probably something that Lax would need to look at. There is nothing specific in the settings you have that I could see that was incorrect or would obviously cause the active region to overlay the Always On Top regions, so I can only assume it is something to do with how Windows is processing the instructions it is being given. Hence the comment "it's a Windows thing".
There are a few instances where other games have been beneficial to try and have other windows on top of the active window (a D3 setup actually), and they all end up with a similar issue. They work initially, but eventually something goes awry and the windows (games) need to be restarted. Normally the mini window setup it is better to have them located in an area that your active window is not going to be.

All that said, you could probably achieve what you are after by using VideoFX instead, and that will always overlay on top of the active window because it is rendered afterwards. However, that will have the issue that when you switch over to your second monitor for some other application that the videofx viewers disappear. There is a way around that again, which is to use a DXNothing as a canvas, overlay VideoFX viewers on it, and use that as your game dashboard (i.e. your interface to play). Would take a bit of setup to get going, especially having the swapping work as you are trying to do, but it is definitely achievable.

MiRai has some videos on VideoFX Layouts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hntr1IE1Xgc
And there is this post, which takes you through the steps too. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3695

Return to Window Layouts